Other Matches Fred 2023/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know it was yesterdays game but I still can’t believe Pep took off DeBruyne for Kovacic heading into pens. Hilarious watching him completely overthink and fuck up his subs yet again.

If they win the treble and go unbeaten throughout the whole season, must rank up there as one of the greatest achievements in football.

Especially when you also consider they won their domestic league for the first time ever too.
The first time?
That is amazing!
They are known as Neverkusen.

The Nearly Men​

The team earned a series of four second-place finishes from 1997 to 2002.

The finishes of 2000 and 2002 were heart-breaking for supporters, as on both occasions the team had the Bundesliga title within its grasp.

In 2000, Bayer Leverkusen needed only a draw against SpVgg Unterhaching to win the title, but an own goal by Michael Ballack helped send the team to a crushing 2–0 defeat, while Bayern Munich won the title with a 3–1 victory over Werder Bremen.

Two years later, the club surrendered a five-point lead atop the league table by losing two of its last three matches, while Borussia Dortmund swept ahead with three consecutive victories in its final matches.

The 2002 season has been dubbed the "Treble Horror", as Bayer Leverkusen were also beaten 4–2 in the DFB-Pokal final by Schalke 04 and lost the UEFA Champions League final 2–1 to Real Madrid.

This led to some of the English-language media dubbing them "Neverkusen".

Leverkusen was the first team to reach the final of the Champions League without ever having won a national championship.

In addition, five members of the Bayer Leverkusen team were also members of the Germany national team which lost the final of the World Cup of 2002.

Does this ring a bell? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
So after pens Marseiile beat Benfica to play Atalanta, and Roma to play Leverkusen in the EL semis.

And again after pens, Olympiacos beat Fenerbache to play Villa, and Fiorentina to play Bruges in the ECL semis.

Just seen tonight's results. I'm glad that our main rivals are still in Europe, giving them other stuff to worry about. Hopefully they get to the final, then lose.

The other results - excellento!!

Rotters semi-finals coming up.
I hate City less than Chelsea.
I hate Coventry more than United.
Manc derby.
Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

The first time?
That is amazing!
They are known as Neverkusen.

The Nearly Men​

The team earned a series of four second-place finishes from 1997 to 2002.

The finishes of 2000 and 2002 were heart-breaking for supporters, as on both occasions the team had the Bundesliga title within its grasp.

In 2000, Bayer Leverkusen needed only a draw against SpVgg Unterhaching to win the title, but an own goal by Michael Ballack helped send the team to a crushing 2–0 defeat, while Bayern Munich won the title with a 3–1 victory over Werder Bremen.

Two years later, the club surrendered a five-point lead atop the league table by losing two of its last three matches, while Borussia Dortmund swept ahead with three consecutive victories in its final matches.

The 2002 season has been dubbed the "Treble Horror", as Bayer Leverkusen were also beaten 4–2 in the DFB-Pokal final by Schalke 04 and lost the UEFA Champions League final 2–1 to Real Madrid.

This led to some of the English-language media dubbing them "Neverkusen".

Leverkusen was the first team to reach the final of the Champions League without ever having won a national championship.

In addition, five members of the Bayer Leverkusen team were also members of the Germany national team which lost the final of the World Cup of 2002.

Does this ring a bell? :rolleyes:

There's hope for us then 😆

Back
Top Bottom