Other Matches Fred 2023/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Grealish, Kane, Palmer and then play Foden at 10. Technical players with ball retention there too. We will need Grealish starting as we have a lack of players at the elite level who keep possession and slow games down. He is suited to European football more than any of our players imo, there's a reason Pep starts him in every big CL tie.

We won't be able to just run and out-score our way to any European trophies. Will be tough grindy games where you need players to retain energy and to play it smart. That's where England have consistently failed at so many tournaments where we've been beaten by smarter, more tactical nations.
F that, Foden and Trent as full backs - go and play.

Rice holding with a front five of Maddison, Palmer, Jude, Kane and diver

Grealish, Kane, Palmer and then play Foden at 10. Technical players with ball retention there too. We will need Grealish starting as we have a lack of players at the elite level who keep possession and slow games down. He is suited to European football more than any of our players imo, there's a reason Pep starts him in every big CL tie.

We won't be able to just run and out-score our way to any European trophies. Will be tough grindy games where you need players to retain energy and to play it smart. That's where England have consistently failed at so many tournaments where we've been beaten by smarter, more tactical nations.

Pretty sure to get the best out of Kane you need runner beside him, as much as a non tekkers shout this is Gordon/Bowen either side of him would be better.

This is my worry. A lot of our recent performances have been weak. Players look like they have their tails between their legs. Hojbjerg is technically our weakest midfielder yet I know he will always fight, the likes of Maddison, Bissouma and Sarr are more gifted but balls and a bit of swagger again would be nice to see.
Both would be nice.But I’d be just as happy to see us go there grind them down and be complete shithouses to them, were way too soft as a team.This is where we miss players like dele.As for hojberg I’d play him,i personally would of played him on Saturday as well.

Pretty sure to get the best out of Kane you need runner beside him, as much as a non tekkers shout this is Gordon/Bowen either side of him would be better.

Grealish is a must start imo. The England team is not about getting the best out of Kane, he is adaptable and can play numerous ways. We need to keep the bloody ball at the Euros and someone who is used to the biggest European games = necessity.

Someone like Gordon should be a first choice for impact player.

Grealish is a must start imo. The England team is not about getting the best out of Kane, he is adaptable and can play numerous ways. We need to keep the bloody ball at the Euros and someone who is used to the biggest European games = necessity.

Someone like Gordon should be a first choice for impact player.

It's not but Kane is pretty useless as a pure 9 these days tbh

Don't think you need all those players just to keep the ball, that's overkill.

I agree.

Personally I think Grealish has to start just as long as he's getting games for City. He just offers something so different than everyone else. But where does that leave Foden? If you play him centrally then I don't see how you can fit Bellingham in unless you drop him back closer to Rice. Be a brave man to stick Foden on the bench on the back of the season he's having.

It's not but Kane is pretty useless as a pure 9 these days tbh

Don't think you need all those players just to keep the ball, that's overkill.

They're not all in there to keep the ball. Foden/Palmer are also in due to insane seasons. Grealish is the one in there for it, and again .. there's a reason Pep turns to him in Europe. Against good teams he's tactically hugely useful. In the groups etc you maybe don't start him.

Also, we're good at set pieces. Grealish wins loads of them.

Back
Top Bottom