Other Matches Fred 2023/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Only if its a clear and obvious mistake. It's not clear and obvious at all when that STOPS being a foul. So why the fuck is VAR so certain about it?
No, if it's a penalty given by the ref, I thought (could be wrong) that it is automatically checked, as every goal is.

Softens the blow slightly, at least we're 10 points ahead still.

Also the handball was top 3 bogus decisions in the VAR era.
They gave a dodgy pen and then proceeded to double down and screw them again.

I've literally seen the pen incident about 6 times now and I absolutely cannot believe VAR didn't see the there was no contact with leg and the actual contact was the body check. Bournemouth will get an apology but if that was us I'd be absolutely fuming.

Unless I'm stupid. You don't stop the clip, when contact is first made. You stop the clip when the foul ends. They kept stopping and reviewing the first contact and glossing over the fact that the foul continued into the box.
You got a lot of agrees but surely the place the foul first occurs is correct. That’s the first foul and what would be given. It’s like when someone is fouled but there was an earlier offside. Tough luck.

To add insult to VAR injury, that United player wasn't even booked for that cynical body check (according to the Guardian MBM).

Back
Top Bottom