Other Matches Fred 2023/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And yet, that Norwegian cunt Odegaard said this after the game:

“We know it is a tough place to come”

059.gif

The same little cabal were declaring them league champs in November last season.

..........And they'll take fucked-up glee from it if it does happen this time around too.

Always had a soft centre last year and were breaking by March. Now they are on a roll and teams are turning over for them.

Up to us to stop them. I think we will. I hope they fall in a heap but unless they get an injury or two I don't think they will.

Always had a soft centre last year and were breaking by March. Now they are on a roll and teams are turning over for them.

Up to us to stop them. I think we will. I hope they fall in a heap but unless they get an injury or two I don't think they will.

Us
Man City
Villa.
CL distractions

The sound money is still on City.

The same little cabal were declaring them league champs in November last season.

..........And they'll take fucked-up glee from it if it does happen this time around too.
What a lot of utter shite 💩

Not one person on this forum will take an ounce of satisfaction if our biggest rivals win the title you fucking worm

OK... is anyone else starting to get worried?

Still can't see past Manchester City. De Bruyne is back and will only get better. Foden is in the form of his life. Haaland's best is yet to come this season. I still feel like at their best they are one level above both Woolwich and Liverpool. If they desperately want to win the league again, they will.

Still can't see past Manchester City. De Bruyne is back and will only get better. Foden is in the form of his life. Haaland's best is yet to come this season. I still feel like at their best they are one level above both Woolwich and Liverpool. If they desperately want to win the league again, they will.
...that's what I'm worried about... What if they're bored of winning the League now, and Pep wants his weird little gimp prodigy to have a go?

...that's what I'm worried about... What if they're bored of winning the League now, and Pep wants his weird little gimp prodigy to have a go?

I think as long as they are there or there abouts near the top in a few weeks, they'll step it up and put X amount of wins together. They have been clearly lacking a bit of motivation at times this season but I expect that to change both in regards to the Premier League and Champions League once the prize is truly in sight.

Didnt it take us a 96 min to scrape past this lost?
SEVEN MONTHS AGO, as did Man City about a month earlier, we also drew 2-2 with Woolwich at their place the same month (and were the better team), what's your point?

They also weren't on the back of three successive home games conceding 5 when we played them either.

In fact it could be argued that result against us is what started their real downfall as they went on to lose 8-0 to Newcastle their next game.

I'm also not going to deny the Goons are looking good right now, but I don't think any current result against Sheffield United is a benchmark, they're one of the worst teams in Premier League history right now, hell they're on course to match or break Swindon's 100 goals conceded record from 93/94, and that was a 42 match season, if they concede an average of 2.5 goals in their final 11 matches.

Last edited:
I hate the goons as much as any of us on here, but would rather focus on how we’re doing than spend my time and energy worrying about their title chances. Win the upcoming NLD, as the goal we need to zero in on, and que sera sera.

Those disgusting Gunners are brilliant. Even if it isn’t this year it will be soon. Just have to mentally prepare ourselves to see that scum Arteta lifting the big one.

SEVEN MONTHS AGO, as did Man City about a month earlier, we also drew 2-2 with Woolwich at their place the same month (and were the better team), what's your point?

They also weren't on the back of three successive home games conceding 5 when we played them either.

In fact it could be argued that result against us is what started their real downfall as they went on to lose 8-0 to Newcastle their next game.

I'm also not going to deny the Goons are looking good right now, but I don't think any current result against Sheffield United is a benchmark, they're one of the worst teams in Premier League history right now, hell they're on course to match or break Swindon's 100 goals conceded record from 93/94, and that was a 42 match season, if they concede an average of 2.5 goals in their final 11 matches.

We've got such an odd fanbase.

Ars remind me of Poch Spurs 2016/17, the press and intensity they play at is uncanny - the only difference is that this lot have depth where as we didn't.

They are bullying teams right now and putting them to the sword in the same fashion we did that year.

Didnt it take us a 96 min to scrape past this lost?
I honestly thought that day that Sheffield Utd would be fine this season... They looked like they had everything needed to stay up. Bullish, no respecter of reputations, had their game plan and stuck to it... And it ALMOST worked out our place .. now look at them... Rolling over to have their tummy tickled like George Galloway did with Rula Lenska!! Pathetic!!

Players bored of winning a league??? Fucking hell 🤣
Yes, ok fair enough, I get your point...
Perhaps not 'bored' as such, but they might yet take their eye off the ball... Complacency maybe???

Back
Top Bottom