Other Matches Fred 2023/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What was your fucking point in the first place then? That we shouldn’t empty daddy Levy’s pockets when buying players?

Read back in the thread

Your man child emotional bitch mates started complaining that we didn't buy Declan Rice after he scored and that we wouldn't buy a £100m player like they did, yet tonight 2 were on display and they were shite, all I hear over your noise is crickets in this thread, funny that.

Is it me or did City look more tired and disorganised than against us? Their pressing and movement was far more dynamic and dangerous against us.

Read back in the thread

Your man child emotional bitch mates started complaining that we didn't buy Declan Rice after he scored and that we wouldn't buy a £100m player like they did, yet tonight 2 were on display and they were shite, all I hear over your noise is crickets in this thread, funny that.
So because a couple of expensive players flop it means you shouldn't bother? Wonder why real madrid, Bayern, City etc. bother.

I think we may have to shift to Liverpool to save us. Some suggestions city know they will get a points deduction this season anyway but not sure players think that way. Another reason to support Liverpool this year though.

Why are Liverpool better than us?

I get the historical context and the firmly held beliefs based on recent history....

but fully fit our squad can go toe to toe with Liverpool. If we get January right, I think we are stronger tbh.

Who's saying to spunk away money by paying 100m for random players? We're only arguing not rule ourselves out alltogether when it comes to the truly elite, proven players who cost a fortune.

Just the odd big money transfer when it makes sense. Like how Liverpool paid a record fee for a CB and GK for Alisson and VDV. Or Bayern paid 100m for a 30 year old Kane.

You'll find those players are a handful of players in the world who cost that much AND guarantee to be successful, let's be real, how many players can you think of will cost that much who we'd legit have a realistic chance of getting at this moment?

I can't believe we'd be 6 points off top if we win tomorroe when we've had half of our team out for a month 😂😂

Peak Barclays this season.
Honestly if we win the next two and are 3 points or so off the top by the time VDV and Madders comes back, I'll start to believe.

Read back in the thread
I Dont Think So No Way GIF by FTX_Official

I have a life, unlike you.

Melty Chav on TS:

"Poch out"
"Jose in"
"Foreign players are lazy"
"Give me 50 quid a week and I'd go out there and give 100% every week"

:ledley:

So because a couple of expensive players flop it means you shouldn't bother? Wonder why real madrid, Bayern, City etc. bother.

We should bother when we get the opportunity to, that's few and far between.

The last player we were linked with that eventually went close to £100m was Gvardiol, we couldn't get him out of Leipzig then City pounced a year later.

buying Nunes and Kovacic rather then paying the money for Rice has proven to be a bad decision. Also letting Gundogan go (and Mahrez) was massive.
Rice is actually an overrated clogger...and though that might sound like a typical shit hot take considering the thread we are in, I come with receipts...

Goal #3: check this out...

Goal #2:

Goal #1:

major culpability in ALL 3 goals...argument to be made that with a competent DM in his place they wouldn't have needed his 90+7 intervention.

Don't rate him because he gets on the scoresheet every now an again...especially when this season is actually demonstrating that he can't play in 360* AND his defensive instincts are not as keen as when he played facing 1 way the whole game.

Back
Top Bottom