Other Matches Fred 2023/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hojbjerg makes the breakthrough for Denmark against a very obdurate Finland.
FantasyFootballParadise.jpg

You have a smaller version of this, don’t you?

We're actually going to make it to Euros again. My dream was to see my country once, and we're actually making it for a 2nd time in 8 years :pochcry:

He would, but only at the wrong time, and bring on the worst possible player for the situation.

If memory serves me correctly he brought off Saka for Sterling (Saka had been our best player by far, Sterling did nothing) and brought on Rashford (who struggled badly as France had already sat in) and the game petered out completely.

He pretty much just sat there frozen in time when Croatia took hold. With Italy on came Henderson who played badly.

Got it right vs Germany and Grealish called it a tactical masterclass after. I do think the players like him a lot and are loyal towards him, he’s just very limited.

Saw some stats posted about Hojbjerg as though he had a great game. Was the same bang average player we see every week - securing his 90 odd percent pass success rate by doing very little progressive.

The way Kanerva set Finland up reminded me of watching Conte - playing 5 at the back at home in an attempt to cling on or score from a counter attack.

Källman did lots of good things but no end product.
Kamara wasted out on the left. If he could use his left foot in the box they might have got something.
Pukki's legs look on the way out, suitably winding down his career in the MLS.
Had Pohjanpalo & last games MOTM Antman started instead of a back 5 (as they did in their win away to Kazakhstan last week) Finland probably had a better chance of getting a result against a Denmark side with very little penetration.

Not a great watch. Finland need a result in the next international break against Slovenia now if they want to make it to the Euros again realistically.

Back
Top Bottom