OTHER MATCHES FRED - 2022/23

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's all about context.

Obviously the PL isn't over, it's fucking August but psychologically the 4 point difference right now is pretty big, Liverpool being 4 points behind after playing two relatively weaker teams who they should have put to bed whilst City already took points off West Ham who are notoriously a tough nut to crack at home.

As of now Liverpool are playing catch up because we know the kind of run City can put together, Liverpool can and have put together the same run like 10/11/12 wins in a row but they need to be perfect and they haven't been perfect thus far, they're effectively playing catch up already because of the kind of levels City have set.

Thankfully someone actually gets it.

Not to mention that Darwin Nunez won't have the same impact as Mane did consistently. That's not to say he isn't and won't become a very good player for them. But they are weaker than they were last season, and City have replaced Sterling and Jesus for Haaland and Alvarez. Two really good players for two potential world-beaters.

While I'm certainly not saying Liverpool should be handing them the title and giving up already, it's already looking like it's Man City's to lose to an extent.

5 Not surprised to see our resident Dipper Beech Beech come to life and take over the thread to talk about his Liverpool. What a cunt.

:harrylol:

Ahh, so you are still hanging around here! The Harry Kane hater and foreigner that's spent about as much time in England as Kim Jong-un.

Unlike yourself, who spends 90% of your time on this forum weirdly criticising our best player and the other 10% trying, and failing miserably, to be sammspurs v2, I can talk about not only Tottenham but other football clubs too. Both Liverpool and City play in the Premier League also, of course. Aren't they considered rivals? But I was apparently a West Ham fan not so long ago too, wasn't I? Wasn't it Woolwich before that? Now it's Liverpool. Who next?

Still think Jimenez is better than Kane?

Still think Ndombele is on his way to world-class?

You complete and utter whopper.

:mourpointlaugh:

Last edited:
Ahh, so you are still hanging around here! The Harry Kane hater and foreigner that's spent about as much time in England as Kim Jong-un.

Unlike yourself, who spends 90% of your time on this forum weirdly criticising our best player and the other 10% trying, and failing miserably, to be sammspurs v2, I can talk about not only Tottenham but other football clubs too. Both Liverpool and City play in the Premier League also, of course. Aren't they considered rivals? But I was apparently a West Ham fan not so long ago too, wasn't I? Wasn't it Woolwich before that? Now it's Liverpool. Who next?

Still think Jimenez is better than Kane?

Still think Ndombele is on his way to world-class?

You complete and utter whopper.

:mourpointlaugh:
Oh, I'm so sorry mate, are you angry and frustrated?

You're so cute when you're all riled up after Liverpool plays like shit and you guys don't get a desired result lolol

What a time to be a Spurs fan.

:contelol:

Last edited:
Four points is pretty significant when you consider how things have played out between them in recent seasons. I'm struggling to see how you're not understanding this. If City win one of their games against Liverpool and draw the other, something that's hardly beyond the realms of possibility, that's already a pretty big gap without taking into account anything else.

How have things exactly played out between them in recent seasons? Last year alone, Man City couldn't beat Liverpool once in any of the 3 times they met. Not going to mention the Community Shield this season where Liverpool dominated them because it's a glorified friendly.

But now you're just talking in about things that haven't even happened yet. If, buts, pots and pans mate. Liverpool could quite easily beat City at home and draw away. Oh look, that's already 3 points made up.

Easy is this hypothetical game.

Personally, I don't think we'll lose a single game all season and walk the league. Because I said so.

Champions League play-off

hhh.png

Parrott really been spectacular. You can tell his extra fitness training over the summer is paying off. He's non stop action. He shielding the ball very well, battling well, dropping deep at times to link up, set up a big chance. He gets into so many good positions just needs to finish one of these chances off.

Pretty sure we have 50% sell on clause still? Pedro Gonçalves and Matheus Nunes also look like great players today. Spurs should be looking at Sporting closely this year

Which means we can buy him back half price. Would love him back but he doesn’t seem a Conte system player (Kulu back up maybe, but he wouldn’t want that).

Back
Top Bottom