OTHER MATCHES FRED - 2021/22

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well yeah obviously but Conte is yet to lose a PL game, we are unbeaten in our last 8 games! The 3 draws we had we should have won too. It's still not pretty but we are a hard team to beat now.

I fancy us tonight even with the injuries we still have, mainly because they have even more injuries than us!

We've beaten the chavs once on their turf since the PL was started, the First division numbers aren't a lot better so it's a tough game at the weekend, whilst they do have a great squad of players they are going through a really poor spell right now and we have to fancy our chances to at least get a point. Easier said than done as their game against us is their big one and they rarely fail to turn up because of that and from the sound of things will still have our injured players out. But I'd be happy with a point if I'm honest and that would fuck them well and truly in title ambitions and also keep us in a position to leapfrog them by winning out games in hand (5) we have over them.

Then it's international break (I'm assuming that our injured players on the cusp of returning will not be going on International duty but Argentina International FA do seem to be right cunts when it comes to their players but fingers crossed Romero completes his rehabilitation at Hotspur Way with a further 2 weeks of more intensive training).

Then two winnable home games (also tough ones, what games aren't!!) but going by Conte's comments we should have all of our injured players back fit by then.

There's so much negativity swirling around us at the moment which I find totally bizarre, I think Conte has done a fucking brilliant job in just over 2.5 months!!!

Last week, chels were unstoppable, far superior and simply too good.

This week, they have multiple backroom problems and shits hit the fan.

Football is a funny game.

ps. They can carry on grinding out mediocre results, i couldnt care less. but still..

Truth lies in the middle somwhere, football is very reactionary and very recency biased.

Tuchel doesn't have any idea what Chelsea's best 11 is I don't think, which is a problem for them. Losing two world-class full-backs in James and Chilwell hasn't helped him or them either obviously. Imagine how different Liverpool would look if they had to spend months without Alexander-Arnold and Robertson.

I thought Lukaku would score bucket loads for them but after a good start he's done little. I've never rated him as highly as some others as technically he's very ordinary. Looking great in Serie A is one thing, looking the same threat in the Premier League is completely different. And is why I have my reservations about Vlahovic. Not that I don't think he has great potential, but people are already talking like he's a guaranteed success whoever he signs for.

Tuchel doesn't have any idea what Chelsea's best 11 is I don't think, which is a problem for them. Losing two world-class full-backs in James and Chilwell hasn't helped him or them either obviously. Imagine how different Liverpool would look if they had to spend months without Alexander-Arnold and Robertson.

I thought Lukaku would score bucket loads for them but after a good start he's done little. I've never rated him as highly as some others as technically he's very ordinary. Looking great in Serie A is one thing, looking the same threat in the Premier League is completely different. And is why I have my reservations about Vlahovic. Not that I don't think he has great potential, but people are already talking like he's a guaranteed success whoever he signs for.

Lukaku looked great in Serie A because he played under a manager who played to his strenghts and he had a very good strike partner, he's never been great at playing up front on his own because his hold up play is average, if Tuchel put a runner like Werner alongside him he'd score a lot of goals, but Tuchel won't do that because he didn't want Lukaku in the first place and doesn't want to play him in his team but he has to because the club invested a lot of money in him.

Chelsea doing Chelsea things.

Lukaku looked great in Serie A because he played under a manager who played to his strenghts and he had a very good strike partner, he's never been great at playing up front on his own because his hold up play is average, if Tuchel put a runner like Werner alongside him he'd score a lot of goals, but Tuchel won't do that because he didn't want Lukaku in the first place and doesn't want to play him in his team but he has to because the club invested a lot of money in him.

Serie A is also shite compared to the Premier League. The defending is comical considering the competition used to be lauded for it's defending. You only have to look at the current Juventus, AC Milan, Inter Milan and Roma sides and compare each of them to the teams they had 15-20 years ago to understand what a drop in quality there has been there.

Serie A is also shite compared to the Premier League. The defending is comical considering the competition used to be lauded for it's defending. You only have to look at the current Juventus, AC Milan, Inter Milan and Roma sides and compare each of them to the teams they had 15-20 years ago to understand what a drop in quality there has been there.

Yeah there's definately a drop in quality from back in the day.

Yeah there's definately a drop in quality from back in the day.

It's sad to see as I used to love watching Serie A. Used to watch Football Italia on Channel 4 every Sunday while devouring a Sunday roast as a kid. One or two teams are slowly improving again there but the difference in quality is like night and day compared to what it was.

Behave. They play football we can only dream of currently. They don't always get the results they deserve, but the football they play every week considering their net spend every season is superb.
Who gives a shit how they play if they can’t get results? You know if we played liked this but dropped points people would be pissed.

It’s not like Brighton do not spend money. They do. I agree they are enjoyable to watch but the way people on here jerk themselves off watching Brighton is a joke.

There as a midtable club why play good against top teams then look average against lower teams. Nothing more.

Who gives a shit how they play if they can’t get results? You know if we played liked this but dropped points people would be pissed.

It’s not like Brighton do not spend money. They do. I agree they are enjoyable to watch but the way people on here jerk themselves off watching Brighton is a joke.

There as a midtable club why play good against top teams then look average against lower teams. Nothing more.

I don't jerk off over Brighton. I have Carol Vorderman for that. But I am somewhat envious of the football they play after watching so many dross performances from Spurs most weeks.

I wonder if there is mutiny in the air at Chelsea?

Saw an interesting quote from their assistant coach earlier in the season.

“After the Champions League win, it is very difficult and challenging for our players to stay motivated, but we are constantly working on this.”

And there was lots of talk that their early-season form was unsustainable because of things like Mendy's superhuman performances.

This collective Vlahovic orgasm is amusing. I remember the same sort of hype over Luka Jovic. Serie A isn't what it was 20 years ago. The league is average at best and the defending is comical at times. I'll wait to see how he does in a better league when he's up against much better sides than the likes of Genoa every week before making him out to be the reincarnation of Jesus.
Didn't Lamela score about 20 goals the season beige we signed him?

IMO, he looked great in Serie A because he’s good with time on the ball and little pressure.

He was shit at United as well. I think it’s the league rather than the manager/tactics.

Most players that perform better in other leagues and poorly in the PL are slow decision makers. In the PL you just don’t get that time on the ball to take those extra seconds and decide what to do with it.

Lamela is an example of the type of player I’m talking about.

Back
Top Bottom