OTHER MATCHES FRED - 2021/22

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Webster is a really, really good cb. Better than Dunk and White imo. I’d like us to be linked to him.

Don't know how he hasn't got an England cap yet. He's head and shoulders above Maguire. Like Ward-Prowse, who he plays for clearly goes against him. Him and Stones would be a classy combination.

Table says otherwise. This Brighton love fest is a joke.

They're arguably the smallest club in the league. Only five other clubs have a smaller wage budget. They've spent a bit of money to try and change their squad from championship to PL level, but nothing major at all.

We're not their comparison point, just like you can't really compare us to where City are in the table due to the gap in resources. Brighton play entertaining, very well coached football and are doing well in terms of results compared to those with similar budgets.

Behave. They play football we can only dream of currently. They don't always get the results they deserve, but the football they play every week considering their net spend every season is superb.

Comparing them to clubs like Burnley, Southampton or at a push Leeds is far more fair. As you say, they play better football than us because they're a better unit, we just have better individuals across most of the pitch, and superior depth. Hence why even some of our squad players will be better paid than our stars.

Potter is a fantastic coach. Never know whether that translates to a top coach at an 'elite' side, but at the levels he's managed at he has stamped an identity on every side and it's one the fans love.

It's rather exiting to think what he might be able to do with a hugely talented and technically good England squad after Southgate. I love Gareth and think he's done a great job overall, but Graham will certainly get us playing much more in comparison.

Do you think he should go straight in after Southgate? Bit of an old cliche but I'd like for him to go and win a few things before the England job ( inb4 what has Gareth won haha).

Did he (Potter) really turn us down and say he is holding out for a bigger job? I suspect that was media bullshit

Last week, chels were unstoppable, far superior and simply too good.

This week, they have multiple backroom problems and shits hit the fan.

Football is a funny game.

ps. They can carry on grinding out mediocre results, i couldnt care less. but still..

Back
Top Bottom