OTHER MATCHES FRED - 2021/22

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not sure why it would suddenly be reported recently when it never was before. Not saying it never happened before, of course it did. But it seems to be every other week now.
It's gotten more attention since the Eriksen incident during the Euros. Before, it was probably getting taken care of by stadium staff.

Now we've come to realize the fastest way to get those in need help is via the team's medics. As they'll likely have the best available equipement (ex. defilbarator) until outside help comes.

Not sure why it would suddenly be reported recently when it never was before. Not saying it never happened before, of course it did. But it seems to be every other week now.
I remember going to a Chelsea game at Stamford Bridge when I was 12 or so. Me and my mum were in London to see my sister but Spurs weren't playing at home so mum asked me if I wanted to go to Chelsea. We both wished we hadn't. Stupidly (in my defence I was 11 or so, from rural Norfolk, didn't understand) I wore a navy blue and white scarf, it was my sister's from school but I vaguely thought it would do. I got dogs abuse from old adults, (we were in the posh seats), horrible stuff for a kid, mum told me to hide it.

Then, in the first half the ref keeled over. He had to be stretchered off. I can still remember the merriment from the stand - it was heavy for us as my dad had died of a heart attack a year or so before - but even so, these old geezers around us were cunts, laughing and jeering at him maybe being dead.

Don't remember anything else about the match apart from that, but I knew I fucking hated them from that point on.

Going a little bit unnoticed, possibly due to Lyon's erratic performances and results this season, but I think Caqueret's game is definitely developing and he's actually played pretty well the last few times I've watched them. Always a question over whether a diminutive guy, lacking physicality, like him would be robust enough for a PL midfield I guess.

Lyon were dreadful first 15 minutes, pretty ropey first half, but after throwing on Ndombele, Cherki, Faivre and switching to 4231 they've completely dominated the game. Ndombele's played well, comms picking him out for praise. A possession heavy approach is much more conducive to his game. This second half Lyon looks much more like a Bosz side, I wonder if he'll get time with it?

Clement seems to have Monaco very well organised, they pressed really well first half and were good on the counter. Didn't play much football second half, but were very obdurate.

Noticed that Ajax has conceded only 5 goals in 20 Eredivisie games. I know it may be rated as farmers league by some, but is there another team that has conceded so little in 20 games in any other league in the world? Crazy shit.

Also another team I’m keeping my eyes on is Celta Vigo, I rate Coudet as a manager. They had a terrible start of a season but they’re picking up points now. Top 6 form in the last 5, 10 and 15 games.

This was an interesting watch if you happen to be interested in tactics and football philosophies.

Sarri ended being the master of the 4-3-3 last night, winning the game 3-0.

This is what winds me up about VAR. It'll spend five minutes reviewing a goal from multiple angles looking for the slightest reason to rule out a goal. When it comes to a blatant penalty which can be checked in three seconds they do nothing. Literally what's the point?

Back
Top Bottom