Other matches fred 2018/19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Literally all our rivals have won/are winning on a second consecutive weekend when we've lost...
NO one else is dropping points when we are any more!

Literally all our rivals have won/are winning on a second consecutive weekend when we've lost...
NO one else is dropping points when we are any more!

To be fair - that's because the top 6 is so far ahead of everyone else.

Losing to Watford was horrible and a worse result than today's because not many of our rivals will drop points to teams outside the top 6. Of course, throughout the season they WILL drop points to them, that's a given. United lost to Brighton, City drew with Wolves etc. but we need to make sure we capitilise when they do.

Liverpool have Chelsea and City coming up within the next 3 weeks. We need to make sure we win when one if not all of those teams drop points. United have Chelsea coming up too. Again, same thing.

It seems going 2-0 up away from home is the way to do it today...
What price Watford ALSO coming up with a consolation goal on 90+ minutes, to make it a hat-trick of games where it so coulda shoulda turned out differently?

Because Pochettino doesn't seem to like players who aren't in his favourite 14.

If I'm being brutally honest the only ones that make my team not being at risk are Lloris, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Eriksen, Dele, Lucas, Son, Kane.

Not a knee jerk or anything like that but we really need to be looking as fresh faces in both fullback areas, a les cumbersome DM option, one or two genuinely impressive midfield options and another creative player with genuine awareness and passing ability. For me a HG goalkeeper next summer is crucial as well. It isn't all bad, quite the opposite actually but you simply need to know your weaker areas to maximise your class. I'd keep Trippier & Davies but they should be rotation or backup. Likewise with one of Dier or Wanyama and our creative sparks need help. We can't rely on Eriksen and Harry as much as we do without paying both top whack like we have with Harry. 6-7 in and 6-7 out over the next 12 months but until then Poch really has to try and squeeze as much camaraderie, effort, happiness and togetherness out of the boys and do what we can for a Cup and a top 4.

If I'm being brutally honest the only ones that make my team not being at risk are Lloris, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Eriksen, Dele, Lucas, Son, Kane.

Not a knee jerk or anything like that but we really need to be looking as fresh faces in both fullback areas, a les cumbersome DM option, one or two genuinely impressive midfield options and another creative player with genuine awareness and passing ability. For me a HG goalkeeper next summer is crucial as well. It isn't all bad, quite the opposite actually but you simply need to know your weaker areas to maximise your class. I'd keep Trippier & Davies but they should be rotation or backup. Likewise with one of Dier or Wanyama and our creative sparks need help. We can't rely on Eriksen and Harry as much as we do without paying both top whack like we have with Harry. 6-7 in and 6-7 out over the next 12 months but until then Poch really has to try and squeeze as much camaraderie, effort, happiness and togetherness out of the boys and do what we can for a Cup and a top 4.

Looking at our full backs depresses me to be honest.

RB, LB, CM are the three biggest things I'd be looking at.

It's funny... well, it's not... but MAN UTD are doing to Watford what WE shoulda done to them after going a goal up... ie; push for and score a 2nd...

Meanwhile LIVERPOOL did today what WATFORD did to US when scoring a goal... ie; push for and score a 2nd!!

Why are we on the wrong end of both outcomes...? Don't we EVER learn from matches??

Back
Top Bottom