Other matches fred 2017/18

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do Bayern get ridiculed for "bottling" semi-finals. I'd say they are a respected and feared side.
DcI8MsrX4AIOt7c.jpg

This happens too often to Bayern Munich. I remember them completely dominating Manchester United in a final in 1999, and then famously conceding two goals in injury time.

They need to be more clinical.

He didn't, he hated football
He may not of liked football but he gave Madrid special treatment

"The 1943 Copa del Generalisimo semi-final between Real Madrid and Barcelona served as an indicator of Franco’s reliance on football to consolidate his power. Barcelona’s commanding 3-0 lead from the first leg made Real’s chances of progression near impossible. However, before the second leg one of Franco’s officials paid a visit to Barcelona’s players, delivering a stern reminder that they were only allowed to play due to the generosity of the regime. Real Madrid won the second leg 11-1. I was told by Richard Fitzpatrick, author of ‘El Clasico: Barcelona v Real Madrid: Football’s Greatest Rivalry’ that Barcelona’s goalkeeper ventured out as far as the halfway line for the majority of the game."

How Francisco Franco Utilised Spanish Football To Consolidate His Power - Pundit Arena

Lol fuck just saw this on the spurs subreddit which probably stole it from somewhere else: we played both CL finalists twice this season (unless Roma pulls Barca mk. II) and have an aggregate lead of 10-5 with no losses. I'm not even sure what to think

Zidane once the best player in the world, and now the best manager in the world.
So hes won the Champions League twice 2 out of 2 times (maybe 3 out of 3 soon), the world club cup 2 out of 2 , the uefa super cup 2 out of 2, , been voted Fifa Best coach. He may have won the league last season but hes not winning it this season!!! Didnt think of that did you?

He may not of liked football but he gave Madrid special treatment

"The 1943 Copa del Generalisimo semi-final between Real Madrid and Barcelona served as an indicator of Franco’s reliance on football to consolidate his power. Barcelona’s commanding 3-0 lead from the first leg made Real’s chances of progression near impossible. However, before the second leg one of Franco’s officials paid a visit to Barcelona’s players, delivering a stern reminder that they were only allowed to play due to the generosity of the regime. Real Madrid won the second leg 11-1. I was told by Richard Fitzpatrick, author of ‘El Clasico: Barcelona v Real Madrid: Football’s Greatest Rivalry’ that Barcelona’s goalkeeper ventured out as far as the halfway line for the majority of the game."

How Francisco Franco Utilised Spanish Football To Consolidate His Power - Pundit Arena

There is a political significance in the rivalry between Real Madrid (team of the King and Caudillo Franco) and Barcelona (separatist).

In the early years of 2000 (when they bought Zidane from Juventus) Real Madrid had many debts, it was submerged.

Real Madrid sold the sports center Valdebebas to the Spanish state and then had free use of it. There was also an investigation but everything then disappeared ...

Back
Top Bottom