OTHER MATCHES FRED 2016-17

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's worth it for the fans to finish 2nd, but I wonder how much the players will care about it once we are knee deep into these tough games we got coming up. They didn't seem to care all that much end of last season. I just worry that we might be on the precipice of another late season collapse. Let's hope they prove me wrong tomorrow...

That's a weird skewed version of support...

...what happened to blind faith?

I'm fucking livid at the way the past few days have panned out... I want Spurs to unleash hell on whoever dares step into our path between now and the 21st of May... and that includes everyone!

That's a weird skewed version of support...

...what happened to blind faith?

I'm fucking livid at the way the past few days have panned out... I want Spurs to unleash hell on whoever dares step into our path between now and the 21st of May... and that includes everyone!
Never been religious.

The same few people who saw Southampton taking points off Chelsea tonight no doubt thought we would sail into the final.

There is a stark reality about an objective viewpoint on football in that you see it for what it is.

Chelsea have the stand out player in the Premier League despite Alli and Kane and I do not mean Kante, as unvelievable he has been again this season. No, I mean Hazard and it will be him, like Mahrez last season with able support who will likely crush our hopes, as he did on Saturday and last season at the Bridge.

But win tomorrow and we just about cling to our outside chance this season.

The players who it to themselves to show all and sundry that they have been part of the best set of players in the last 2 seasons.

The same few people who saw Southampton taking points off Chelsea tonight no doubt thought we would sail into the final.

There is a stark reality about an objective viewpoint on football in that you see it for what it is.

Chelsea have the stand out player in the Premier League despite Alli and Kane and I do not mean Kante, as unvelievable he has been again this season. No, I mean Hazard and it will be him, like Mahrez last season with able support who will likely crush our hopes, as he did on Saturday and last season at the Bridge.

But win tomorrow and we just about cling to our outside chance this season.

The players who it to themselves to show all and sundry that they have been part of the best set of players in the last 2 seasons.

It's all the draws that have impacted us again. I don't think Chelsea are better then us. It's just experience in getting over the line one way or another. Games where we haven't played a well we have generally not won with the exception of the a Swansea game. Lots of draws also haven't helped. Maybe those games that are level we just need to go for it late on and take risks. May lose one or two more games a season but more of those draws will turn into wins.

It's worth it for the fans to finish 2nd, but I wonder how much the players will care about it once we are knee deep into these tough games we got coming up. They didn't seem to care all that much end of last season. I just worry that we might be on the precipice of another late season collapse. Let's hope they prove me wrong tomorrow...

No international tournament this summer is a benefit. Once we had nothing to play for last season it wasn't all that surprising that a few players might want to hold back or save themselves for another 3-7 games for their country six weeks later.

Disconnected as modern footballers are from us, I refuse to believe that the end of last season and how it affected us had no impact on them. I [want to] believe that they will push on in every remaining game to expunge memories of those few games in 15/16.

Manchester derby tonight.

Think I'm leaning towards a Utd win. I just think it'd be hilarious if one of Liverpool or City were to miss out on Champions league football.

Manchester derby tonight.

Think I'm leaning towards a Utd win. I just think it'd be hilarious if one of Liverpool or City were to miss out on Champions league football.
I'd be most comfortable with a draw but part of me wants United to lose just so that that unbeaten streak finishes (plus they are tied with us on 3 for fewest losses...)

If City don't win though I suspect that's pretty much it for us getting top 2, barring a ridiculous collapse which doesn't bear thinking about.

A few years ago, who'd have thought that the Manchester Derby didn't have much bearing on us, in the fact that neither will be getting too close to us?

This goes to show just how far we have come..

No the league has been shit....for two years....only the two years we've grown though, before that it was brilliant.
And last year was the only year it was shit, and then we were fucked cos everyone else was going to be so much improved.

Pogba, Zlatan, Xhaka, Gungodan, Stones, Sane, Klopps second season. The big clubs wont let it happen again.

No, no...look the league is shit again, Spurs are not good

Back
Top Bottom