Other Matches Fred 2015-16

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite the diving, which I am confident Pochettino would remove from his game, I would absolutely LOVE Sadio Mane at the club. What an excellent player he is and he has something our side does lack in the attack (when not utlised by our full backs), pace.

Just a shame City played after United because if they performed like that in an earlier kick off and Man Utd were playing to be 2 points off City with a win (as well as a game in hand to actually overtake them) they may have actually attempted to win as opposed to getting to the box and then going back.

Just a shame City played after United because if they performed like that in an earlier kick off and Man Utd were playing to be 2 points off City with a win (as well as a game in hand to actually overtake them) they may have actually attempted to win as opposed to getting to the box and then going back.
I think it is more that United genuinely don't have a clue going forward, they mainly depend on a teenager for opportunist goals.
The one attacking idea they had, long balls for Fellaini then try and pick up the knock-downs, disappeared when he went off, and the only guy who might be able to pick a pass, Mata, is stuck out on the right touchline.

This. Points wise, it's way more beneficial to us that City beat the scum, especially as it's almost certain that the scum will get three points against villa.

We just need a point and that's a top 3 place secured at the very least.

Yesterday's results mean tonight has pressure but maybe not quite as much.

Top 4 certain and barring freak results a Champions League spot.

Just need the icing now.

Several points

1. We had an awful pre-season and started poorly as well meaning we played catch up this season leaving is little room for error as well as having only one striker and a new DM to work with. Hopefully our start next season will be less amateur.

2. As you say squad weaknesses, Carroll may be a good player but not in central midfield where we require power and dominance. Next season I am sure we will have competition for Dier and Dembele.

3. Inexperience, youngest team in the league, at times we have been naive, that will change.

4. We still need a proper wide forward like Martial and maybe a Boufal style dribbler, at the moment we have Alli, Eriksen and Lamela who are all number 10's really and sometimes it looks a bit unbalanced. I am sure that will be resolved.

5. EL football, every fan thinks it makes no difference but every manager feels it's a handicap, I believe the managers over the fans. The EL means playing teams we don't care about in places like Kazakstan. It's a hinderence, CL by contrast will fire us up.

Next season I hope our squad will have better balance, more experience and for once a half decent pre-season. I think we will continue to get better, I am shocked we did this well to be honest this season.
Not to mention that CL is completely different from EL, despite some saying it's not.
CL games are played on a Tues or Weds
This means that they Pl teams can pay on Tues/Sat or Wed/Sun. I think there may be 1 time( 2 at the most ) when either City, Woolwich, Chavs or Man U would have played with 2 days between CL & PL games. i.e. Wed/Sat
EL is Thursday/Sun regardless.
Having said that, I would guess that LCFC and Spurs will not suddenly become Sky favs, and the usual 4 will get most of the airtime followed by Liverpool.
That could probably mean both clubs getting the Wednesday/Saturday schedule more often as Chavs & Man U ( if they do fail to qualify) will still be getting Sunday Sky time.

Just thinking that Martial could have been Spurs player this season.
I have no doubts that Pochettino would have brought the best out in him.

someone else made that point, I really feel we lack a top quality wide forward/striker hybrid type player. Son and Niji are yet to prove themselves and the rest of our attackers are number 10 type players. We lack a Martial quick/explosive type forward and also a creative dribbler. Two outstanding candidates in the summer would be Boufal and Lacazette.

I think it is more that United genuinely don't have a clue going forward, they mainly depend on a teenager for opportunist goals.
The one attacking idea they had, long balls for Fellaini then try and pick up the knock-downs, disappeared when he went off, and the only guy who might be able to pick a pass, Mata, is stuck out on the right touchline.
Man u are just bang average

Some absolute abortion of a game on channel 5. England vs Germany celebrating 50 years, obviously it's at the Canning Town bingo club.

A load of z list comedians and ex West Ham players playing a team of German former pros. Surprised they're not wearing West Ham kits

Looks like Burnley are on their way back to the Premier.
200.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom