Opinions on players

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I thought we should of sold Dembele before Poch got here
This is the worst one for me, I didn't think the ability just thought he didn't have the desire. Also Emerson proved me wrong last season (still not completely won over though) and like everyone else Sissoko. But the level he got to I think says more about Poch's problem solving skills than his ability.

In my muddled head, I always think every fucker we sign is going to be the new Messi.

I remember signing John Lacey and I think he scored 4 on his debut.

initially thought Kane as a clogger. Thought Sess would succeed.

got a much better record with other teams signings. Think optimism clouds my judgement with us.

Sissoko - he was still massively underwhelming but he had a decent 2 season spurt and was able to fill in wherever needed.

Emerson - At this point I actually think he’s a decent player but was in a terrible role and being asked to be an attacking creator when he’s obviously not.

It's always the reverse for me.

Every player we bring in I expect Madrid to be sniffing round within a couple of years, but they end up playing in Turkey or something.

Closest I can get is Gallas. When he signed I thought he would be slow, old and useless but was actually alright, a 6 or 7 out of 10 signing probably.

Recent seasons, Kulusevski. He looked awful and slow. Then he had a good 4 months. Now he’s a bit slow and a little bit closer to awful again. But hopefully he will come good.

I’ll add that I thought Porro was absolutely crap, and I hope in the season ahead I can say he’s come good too

Hey I think you meant to post this in the "opinions on players which were dead on" thread. Easy mistake to make.
This season will be an interesting one for Kulusevski. He wasn't healthy last year and I think he can get back to the things he does well this season. I don't think he'll ever appear to have a lot of pace, but maybe his other abilities will compensate for that.

Recent seasons, Kulusevski. He looked awful and slow. Then he had a good 4 months. Now he’s a bit slow and a little bit closer to awful again. But hopefully he will come good.

I’ll add that I thought Porro was absolutely crap, and I hope in the season ahead I can say he’s come good too
His first match he looked way over matched on defense. After that first game I never thought he would come around.

The double signings we made of Andy Reid/Michael Dawson and Kyle Naughton/Kyle Walker, I always felt Reid and Naughton were the players Spurs really wanted and the other 2 were slight afterthoughts to sweeten the deals. Obviously as it turned out Dawson and Walker were very much the successes.

To a lesser extent but probably still valid is the case of Etherington and Davies as well.

I was not at all impressed with Joe Hart when we brought him in if my memory serves me right.

But he ended up being a okay secondary keeper and a good presence in the team.

Back
Top Bottom