Oliver Skipp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Skipp kept on fighting and trying to instil some energy into our game, even when we were 3-0 down. His through ball to Perisic for Kane's goal showed he's technically good enough to spot a pass and deliver it quickly.

He's the least of our worries.

great pass to perisic for kanes goal, no ones really mentioned how good that ball was. he does get caught napping on the ball sometimes though. while hes looking for a pass he just stops and someone comes from behind to nab it from him. disgrace how jota has not been sent off for that, typically he goes to score the winner too
Unbelievable pass forward. So glad he has continued to get minutes. Can go on to do great things with us.

Skipp kept on fighting and trying to instil some energy into our game, even when we were 3-0 down. His through ball to Perisic for Kane's goal showed he's technically good enough to spot a pass and deliver it quickly.

He's the least of our worries.

There is a reason both Jose and Conte love Skipp and now Mason.

whatever you think about the style of football, both have pretty good track records when it comes to ID of CMs.

Poch gave him his debut as well.

Jose and Conte also love Hojbjerg, and now Mason.

Pep gave him his debut as well

yet he seems hated on here:sonmask:
Jose and Conte both got sacked and soon Mason wont be around either.

Pep played him for how many games in total? Gave him around 400 minutes in 13-14, around 300 in 14-15 and then...0 minutes in 15-16. He did so well he ended up from Bayern Munich to Southampton.

I like him. No idea how good he will end up being, some games he looks really good, others fairly mediocre (possibly to be expected in an average side) but he's one of the very few i wouldn't listen to sensible offers for. I think he has it in him to improve, good energy, homegrown and clearly cares.

Last edited:
He's almost 28 now. 7 years ago in summer of 2016 , he would be 21ish.
I feel like the difference between Skipp and Hojbjerg flows from the difference between being a young surplus squad player coming of age trying to do what you're told and not make mistakes in flexible training situations versus the loan to Norwich Skipp got at age 19 where he was a game-in-game-out starter having to make it work amid the chaos of senior professional football.

That was a really well timed and successful experience for Skipp.

I feel like the difference between Skipp and Hojbjerg flows from the difference between being a young surplus squad player coming of age trying to do what you're told and not make mistakes in flexible training situations versus the loan to Norwich Skipp got at age 19 where he was a game-in-game-out starter having to make it work amid the chaos of senior professional football.

That was a really well timed and successful experience for Skipp.

Yep.....

KWP, Onomah & Tanganga should all have had similar.

It's 1 of him or hojbjerg to be back up next season. Has the occasional very good game in him like the Milan game but overall underwhelming and not as good as I thought he was going to be the way he was getting bigged up from the youth games.

Back
Top Bottom