Oliver Skipp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Still catching up to the speed of the Prem when on the ball, but defensively he’s already more than good enough.

Really impressive for a 20 year old.

Considering the 2 hectic games we've had, he has battled well and held his own. Just needs more experience at this level and he is finally getting it.

Gonna stick my neck out and say he'll be better than Rice in a couple of years.

defo still acclimatising to the speed of the prem, was unlucky to get a yellow earlier i thought it was a good tackle on adama. far superior squad option over winks.

like that he doesnt mind clattering into challenges, hes willing to put his body on the line which is the least you expect, yet many dont!

defo still acclimatising to the speed of the prem, was unlucky to get a yellow earlier i thought it was a good tackle on adama. far superior squad option over winks.

like that he doesnt mind clattering into challenges, hes willing to put his body on the line which is the least you expect, yet many dont!

He has probably the best person to learn from right next to him and I hope their partnership turns into something special.

Skipp Interview - Ali Gold

"He gives out very clear messages, that's all you can ask for as a player. That's really useful as a player. You know on the pitch there's no grey areas, you know exactly what he wants," said Skipp.

"It's been really refreshing in that aspect. You can see with how the team's playing, everyone is fighting for each other. We know there's things to improve and that'll take time. I can't compliment him enough."

"I think [the togetherness is there]. It's been very clear in the opening games," said Skipp. "You see the forward players working back, everyone working for the team.

"There's been a good collective spirit at the moment. We can definitely build on it, as all teams can, but definitely I've felt a good spirit since I've come back."

"It's a big result. When you come here, you know it's going to be a difficult game. You've seen over the years, they have a system they know well and they play it well. So it's good to get two victories to start off the season," he said.

"I think [results are more important than performances at this stage] There's definitely areas we need to improve and that'll come over time, I'm sure, but at the start, it's always nice to start the season with two wins. You're never going to complain with two victories.

"It's only two games, there's still a long way to go in the season, but I think we've shown there's spirit in this group. We're not getting carried away, we're just going to try to build up our points total."

I watched that tackle back earlier. Bloody work of art. Yellow was uncalled for.

For a kid who was helping the lead the charge in the championship last season and given the teams we've faced of late, he's doing alright.

Skipp Interview - Ali Gold

"He gives out very clear messages, that's all you can ask for as a player. That's really useful as a player. You know on the pitch there's no grey areas, you know exactly what he wants," said Skipp.

"It's been really refreshing in that aspect. You can see with how the team's playing, everyone is fighting for each other. We know there's things to improve and that'll take time. I can't compliment him enough."

"I think [the togetherness is there]. It's been very clear in the opening games," said Skipp. "You see the forward players working back, everyone working for the team.

"There's been a good collective spirit at the moment. We can definitely build on it, as all teams can, but definitely I've felt a good spirit since I've come back."

"It's a big result. When you come here, you know it's going to be a difficult game. You've seen over the years, they have a system they know well and they play it well. So it's good to get two victories to start off the season," he said.

"I think [results are more important than performances at this stage] There's definitely areas we need to improve and that'll come over time, I'm sure, but at the start, it's always nice to start the season with two wins. You're never going to complain with two victories.

"It's only two games, there's still a long way to go in the season, but I think we've shown there's spirit in this group. We're not getting carried away, we're just going to try to build up our points total."

Not a lurker on TFC then, Olly?

Good battling and plenty of forward passing though the lines. Allows hojbjerg to get forward and it's a central midfield partnership that is keeping us solid at the back.

Let him go game by game; over-hyping him won't help...... It's inevitable he'll fuck up at some point, but just keep supporting him when he does. He's done great so far.... Long may it continue.

Back
Top Bottom