Odd request - I'm after a specific incident

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hi,

This is a bit of an odd request, but can anyone remember this incident:

It was an extremely soft penalty given against Tottenham (yes I know). But it was quite a specific one - it happenned when one of our defenders tried to clear the ball away in a regular volley type hoof, and an attacker came from nowhere and stuck his foot into the path of the defender's foot - referee gave an instant penalty despite there clearly being no intent to kick the attacker.

I'm pretty sure (but not 100%) that this was a weekend premier league game around 6,7 or 8 years ago.

Any help appreciated.

Hi,

It was an extremely soft penalty given against Tottenham (yes I know). But it was quite a specific one - it happenned when one of our defenders tried to clear the ball away in a regular volley type hoof, and an attacker came from nowhere and stuck his foot into the path of the defender's foot - referee gave an instant penalty despite there clearly being no intent to kick the attacker.

I'm pretty sure (but not 100%) that this was a weekend premier league game around 6,7 or 8 years ago.

Any help appreciated.
You've got me intrigued. Why do you want to know?

Hi,

Any help appreciated.
Sounds like you just described Cuti against the Chavs

It's an incident I keep referring to in conversatuions because I see this sort of foul not given quite alot. Last night's Saka thing again reminded me of it. It's a terrible conning of the referee in my opinion. The penalty (I think) was given and scored.
To be fair, Lamella on Van Djik instantly sprang to my mind! Pretty funny when it goes for u. Awful when it goes against u. Swings and roundabouts tho.

Hi,

Any help appreciated.
Youre Weird Orson Welles GIF

It's an incident I keep referring to in conversatuions because I see this sort of foul not given quite alot. Last night's Saka thing again reminded me of it. It's a terrible conning of the referee in my opinion. The penalty (I think) was given and scored.

Pretty sure we had one of those against this season too... Brentford away?

Back
Top Bottom