Nuno Espírito Santo

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nuno

• Total voters
My worry is .that when the players return they are disillusioned. They've seen Mourinho sacked 7 days before the cup final, they've seen the debacle of the manager search, I think there are some who aren't going to play for the manager.

Then we'll need to ship them out pronto.... Much like Poch did when he first arrived.

Apart from Kane, Son & Lloris there are no players that should assume themselves to have any clout given their performance levels over the last 2 seasons.

Then we'll need to ship them out pronto.... Much like Poch did when he first arrived.

Apart from Kane, Son & Lloris there are no players that should assume themselves to have any clout given their performance levels over the last 2 seasons.
Well get them out….they are players employed by the club and well paid by the club if he’s the new manage/coach then that’s that, no?

Easier said than done, if teams aren't interested in them they are going to be staying. Likely anyone we do ship out will be in next years summer transfer window. The damage might be done by then.

Easier said than done, if teams aren't interested in them they are going to be staying. Likely anyone we do ship out will be in next years summer transfer window. The damage might be done by then.

Who's your list of potential trouble-makers then?

Those not getting playing time wont buy into him. Why would they? Especially as given if they have two years plus on their contract they will almost certainly outlast him.

He is being set up to fail, we know the squad isn't top 4 and the funds to make it so definitely wont be forthcoming. There's a distinct possibility that our once in a generation talent will be sold this season or next. The new DoF has shown a worrying trend to fancy signing his mates rather than what we actually need.

The club is a mess. Our squad is a mess. This appointment is a mess, it makes absolutely no sense at all. Every gain we ever made over the ENIC years, (whether by luck or judgement) is being wasted. We are on the slide and I am worried

Who's your list of potential trouble-makers then?
It's not so much about who is going to make trouble, it's about who is going to fight for the manager and for the club. The players who you mentioned will do that, I think he could rely on Tanganga and Rodon everybody else is a question mark for me.

It's not so much about who is going to make trouble, it's about who is going to fight for the manager and for the club. The players who you mentioned will do that, I think he could rely on Tanganga and Rodon everybody else is a question mark for me.

I dunno; if you ain't prepared to "play for the [new!] manager" (as you put it previously) and can't embrace a clean slate (which a lot of these guys should consider to be a gift given performance levels) then for me you ARE trouble.

Yes agree easier said than done but strange how when we try and ship deadwood it seems to take an age and to the point we’re stuck with them! But new manager new regime fresh start clear out is needed fact needed two seasons ago.

Can't remember what I was referring to. Getting old!
awkward miley cyrus GIF

Lot of it about (brain fog).

What's your position on Nuno? Numb personally.

Last edited:
Not overly impressed by Nono appointment. However the players need to play for the club and not the manager that is their No1 priority! If they can’t do that then dump them in junior teams and sell them on. I think Levy has given Nuno a carrot with 2 yr contract. If he can get us playing good football and in around the top 6 then he get extension. I assume Nuno must know a two year deal is not the normal length of contract. So he needs to pull his socks up and has incentive to get it right.

awkward miley cyrus GIF

Lot of it about (brain fog).

What's your position on Nuno? Numb personally.
Hopeful but not really optimistic. Completely wrong for us imo and the appointment is extremely embarrassing because of the circus and the length of time. He looks like an afterthought rather than a real choice

Hopeful but not really optimistic. Completely wrong for us imo and the appointment is extremely embarrassing because of the circus and the length of time. He looks like an afterthought rather than a real choice

Bit of a David Pleat, second time, vibe.

My worry is .that when the players return they are disillusioned. They've seen Mourinho sacked 7 days before the cup final, they've seen the debacle of the manager search, I think there are some who aren't going to play for the manager.
Yeah, hopefully because the cunts will be shipped out before they have the chance to play for him...

Edit: Didn't see the Airfixx Airfixx reply, great minds and all that....wait a minute fucking Airfixx is back!?!?

Yes agree easier said than done but strange how when we try and ship deadwood it seems to take an age and to the point we’re stuck with them! But new manager new regime fresh start clear out is needed fact needed two seasons ago.
I dunno the vibes i'm getting are that Nuno is here because he's willing to work with the deadwood. Other managerial options would have been less likely to do so. The big transfer decision will be Kane in/out which will dictate a few other deals i'd guess.

I don't expect as many changes as some do which points to another season similar to the last two. More Winks and Sissoko which means another wasted year.

Players really care about only two things. Being paid and being picked. As soon as the preseason training (which is meant to be like poch’s) and as soon as they are treated like people (unlike how Mourinho treated them) it will be business as usual. Especially if we have a very active transfer window.

Anyone else get “ Hostage “ vibes with this video ?
The second time he says “ we gonna make you proud “ he looks off camera with fear in his eyes

So, so, so glad that fucking dinosaur is no longer at the club. The same exact thing happened at Utd. I don't rate OGS as a coach but he got them playing better than Jose and matched what the dinosaur claimed was his greatest ever managerial achievement (2nd with Utd). How did he achieve this, he got them fitter and able to compete in matches.

As I will always claim, Mason (a 29yr old rookie, with zero managerial experience) would have had Spurs finish in the top 4 last year because at the very least they would have been in the condition to compete for 90mins.

Back
Top Bottom