Norwich (A) - Final game of the season - 22/05 - 4pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've always thought we get on quite well with Everton fans.

If you support Everton instead of Liverpool then that means you actually love the club and are not seeking easy glory. Same as if you are from London and love Spurs, it would have been easier to support Woolwich in the premier league era for easy trophies but it would have been souless. Everton and Spurs fans have something in common in that we both have loud obnoxious neighbours and in the past we have both been below them watching them get the better of us, often in unfair ways. Both clubs striving to reverse that. We've managed it in recent times while Everton have a way to go obviously, but I hope they do end up on top of their rivals, same as we have. I find the fans of many other clubs in the league far more obnoxious.
I'd say a certain age group of Spurs fans are glory hunters tbh. Not as bad as supporting a Northern team, but we were once a successful club. No doubt people support spurs over West Ham is because spurs were winning the double and West Ham had Bobby Moore and that was it

I'd say a certain age group of Spurs fans are glory hunters tbh. Not as bad as supporting a Northern team, but we were once a successful club. No doubt people support spurs over West Ham is because spurs were winning the double and West Ham had Bobby Moore and that was it

Completely different game back then.....

Barely any TV.

Peeps would be FAR more inclined to support their local or family team.

Please don't smear us just so you can appear objective.

Last edited:
Pretty sure I say it for every match, but the importance of an early goal in this match is massive. It'll settle any nerves, get players adrenaline flowing, and will lead to more chances being created for us.

My old man is a Hounslow boy from a family of Chelsea supporters but started supporting Spurs because of the Double winning team and Jimmy Greaves. I had lucky escape there.

I can't see Sunday being anything but stressful.

Feel a lot better after hearing what Conte had to say.

Still puts into perspective how things are not done yet. Every day that has gone on this week, the more nervous I have gotten.

Please just finish strong and do the job.

The thing that gives me the most comfort is knowing Conte is our leader.

In relation to Kane's supposed stomach issues, which could of course be a ruse, it's actually in our favour that we play in 48 hours.

Hopefully time to get right if it's a tummy bug but what better redemption for Kane than possibly getting out of a sick bed to help us seal top 4.

We are not just about Harry Kane but I think he will absolutely want to be there on Sunday.

We are going to start the match like a train, whoever starts are my gut-sensing thoughts on it and completely erase last minute fears.

In relation to Kane's supposed stomach issues, which could of course be a ruse, it's actually in our favour that we play in 48 hours.

Hopefully time to get right if it's a tummy bug but what better redemption for Kane than possibly getting out of a sick bed to help us seal top 4.

We are not just about Harry Kane but I think he will absolutely want to be there on Sunday.

We are going to start the match like a train, whoever starts are my gut-sensing thoughts on it and completely erase last minute fears.
I was actually hoping, if there was an issue, it was food poisoning related because that's generally a 24 hour thing. So if it was happening now, that'd leave us just fine for Sunday (albeit with a bit less training)

So Kulusevski had it a week ago and now it has ran through a couple players and staff members. There should be enough fit enough players to win against Norwich but if you lose all the liquids in your body, 90 minutes of football won't be easy.

I was actually hoping, if there was an issue, it was food poisoning related because that's generally a 24 hour thing. So if it was happening now, that'd leave us just fine for Sunday (albeit with a bit less training)

Issue is it spreading. Kane travelling alone is helpful, but what if it spread before? Never truly get comfortable with this club. Literally can’t fucking believe we have had another shits outbreak on the final week of the season against these cunts Woolwich in a CL decider again!!!. Surely it’s far to coincidental and needs investigating? Either that or Spurs need a witch Doctor asap

This game is just a test of mentality, it helps that we actually have the target of CL football to play for. The shit matches we lost to relegated teams on the last day (Burnley 09/10, Newcastle 15/16) the top 4 was already secured and the players had their flip flops on.

I don't see any way they can not play with the right intensity. That doesn't mean we are guaranteed to get the result be want, but if we do lose it won't be because we didn't give everything.

It's still only Friday.

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom