north upper today

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Guy in front of me had what seemed to be a heart attack 5mins in.
Paramedics quick on the scene but were giving compressions for a good 15/20 mins.
Have never not celebrated a goal at the lane before but can honestly say I didn't care at that point.
Hope he pulled through, puts it all into perspective really.

I think there were 2 paramedics on the scene quick who started compressions then help took a while to arrive, other paramedics were just walking casually up the stairs seemingly unaware this guy was in trouble, we a few of us shouted at them to hurry up then loads arrived and the stewards cleared the area in front of them and to either side. A fan who seemed to be a doctor was also helping and at one point there were about 10 paramedics taking turns on compressions. Then a guy to the left of us fainted to he had to be looked after too. Obviously we scored whilst all this was going on but the stewards and paramedics didn't let the eruption in noise affect them and seem well organised so well done to them and the guy leading them.

Not 100% sure but I think the guy may have had a wife and daughter with him, was pretty upsetting actually.

What is it with WHL and its ability to humble you with an experience like this? Not on the same level as Muamba, obviously, but unnerving nonetheless.

I really hope that tweet is legitimate.

Saw a lot people standing up.... Thought it was a Chelsea fan in the Tottenham end. Bad times,,.....

Saw a lot people standing up.... Thought it was a Chelsea fan in the Tottenham end. Bad times,,.....

Much worse than that.

I hope he's OK. Glad that the paramedics were so well organised and that the response seems to have been pretty quick.

Also glad that the Spurs were so willing to help out in that moment of need.

So glad to hear the guy was ok. There is obviously no good place to have a cardiac arrest, but of all the places it could have happened (stuck on tube or in North circular traffic) a Premier football club seems to be the next best thing to a hospital. I wish him all the best for the future!

So glad to hear the guy was ok. There is obviously no good place to have a cardiac arrest, but of all the places it could have happened (stuck on tube or in North circular traffic) a Premier football club seems to be the next best thing to a hospital. I wish him all the best for the future!

Me to, I've tweeted his daughter to say best wishes from all the Spurs supporters on here.

Last edited:
Amazing.
20 mins of.pumping his chest I feared the worst
It's amazing how affective CPR is. I once by chance had to give CPR to an 18 month old boy for about the same period before paramedics arrived and took over. He was lifeless and I thought i had failed, but thank God the boy lived because of CPR.
EVERYONE should learn CPR. It saves lives and anyone can find themselves in such a position. I got lucky cause up until that point I didn't really know what I was doing (I took direction from 999 over the phone). Since then I went on a course to learn it properly. Often there are local groups that run free/charity donation courses. Search on google, phone about and find one. Go sign up and learn what to do, only takes an hour or teo and could save a life, perhaps even your friend or loved one. Employers sometimes run courses too.
Really glad this chap survived - lucky he was close to medical aid!

Saw the commotion, lots of people standing but couldn't make it out from the lower.

Best wishes to him and credit to everyone involved, sounds like there was some expert help on hand

Guy in front of me had what seemed to be a heart attack 5mins in.
Paramedics quick on the scene but were giving compressions for a good 15/20 mins.
Have never not celebrated a goal at the lane before but can honestly say I didn't care at that point.
Hope he pulled through, puts it all into perspective really.

I was in the block next to the incident and felt exactly the same as you, couldn't care less about the result after that, really upset me.

Back
Top Bottom