No time to be fearful

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

giphy.gif

Our "winning mentality" fans will not get their head around this article, which is nice.

A nice read, I would go further and say this current squad is the best we've had since the 60's not the 80's. Fine time as it was in the 80's (my peak as a fan when with no other responsibilities I followed the team home and away) with some scintillating football and memories to cherish and a few trophies thrown in as well. However we were always likely to concede a goal or two and probably lacked the consistency great teams need.

Look I agree we have a very good team and our results over the last 2/3 years have been good. The teams of the sixties, seventies and Eighties actually won things. They won the big important matches. Last season we lost an important FA Cup semi final. in the past we won Fa Cups, League Cups and UAFA cups. We won more finals than we lost.
We have a very poor away record against the other big teams. It is the big matches we need to stop losing. Step in the right direction in Madrid and need to follow it up by not losing tonight and against the Woolwich away. If we can make the later rounds of a cup then we need to get through and win. Cannot expect to win away against the all the other top 5 clubs but must not lose them all either.

Back
Top Bottom