Njie Clinton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you guys think we'll see 3 more signings(including N'Jie) this window? If we only sign N'Jie(or Berahino) and a DM, I still think we're short depth wise.

Do you guys think we'll see 3 more signings(including N'Jie) this window? If we only sign N'Jie(or Berahino) and a DM, I still think we're short depth wise.
Defence
RB: Walker, Trippier, Yedlin
CB: Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Wimmer, Dier, Fazio
LB: Rose, Davies
Midfield
RM: Lamela, Townsend, Pritchard
CM: Eriksen, Bentaleb, Mason, Alli, Dier, Dembele
LM: Chadli, Pritchard
Forwards
CF: Kane, (Soldado)

Defence looks pretty solid. Walker is looking like he might be back on the right tracks, Trippier is a good back up. Alderweireld and Wimmer are excellent signings and between Rose and Davies, LB looks pretty decent.

Part of me really wants to see Pritchard given a chance in the first team. I think he'd be a useful player on the left. But saying that if Lamela has another shit season we can't rely on Townsend. Nor can we rely on Chadli as evidenced by the United game. So we could probably do with another out and out winger. Anybody that saw the United game can see that we need an enforcer at CDM, we looked pretty shit and Bentaleb fucked up (although he's not as bad as everyone is now making out). If Bentaleb could hit the gym, pack on 10kg on muscle and learn how to pass then he'd be unreal. Bender might be the answer though, if that rumour has any substance.

Then of course, we look weak up front. The fact that Soldado has been given a squad number leads me to believe that he might not be going anywhere, but that might just be because Spurs don't want to leave Kane as the sole striker without a backup if we fail to sign anyone else. Like every other Spurs fan, I'm more than happy with Kane. But we need someone there who is going to score goals when he needs a rest. Berahino? Not for £25m. But N'Jie might be worth it as he can play on the wing as well.

So I don't know. It looks like we're signing N'Jie which gives us a bit more depth up front and on the wing. We need an enforcer at CDM. But could probably do with someone on the wing who can create chances and score goals i.e. Bale :(.

HOW DO YOU SAY HIS NAME?

At 0:03, you hear the presenter say what sounds like "en-zhee", basically just like "N-G", except with the "G" being more like the sound in "leisure" than the sound in "ledger". At 0:25, you can hear a kind of racist chant ("He's black and we don't fucking care, when he scores we love him a lot, Clinton Njie!") His response was, "that's football."

Here, at 0:28, the presenter says his name in reverse ("Njie Clinton"), but she says it the same way as the presenter above. That segment is filmed in his home town, but the audio is rough.

Interestingly, in the French media, he's "Njie", but in the English media, he's "N'Jie". Maybe the Slavic influence has become so strong in England that "Njie" will be read as "Nyeh," as in "Kranjčar"?

as i said on another thread it amazes me how this guy has gone from 'raw promise' to 'must have finished article' in the space of a few weeks, lol. like many others i haven't seen any footage of the bloke, he could be great, he could be average. desperate times call for desperate measures i suppose. Kane needs some support thats for sure. :levywhoa:

HOW DO YOU SAY HIS NAME?

At 0:03, you hear the presenter say what sounds like "en-zhee", basically just like "N-G", except with the "G" being more like the sound in "leisure" than the sound in "ledger". At 0:25, you can hear a kind of racist chant ("He's black and we don't fucking care, when he scores we love him a lot, Clinton Njie!") His response was, "that's football."

Here, at 0:28, the presenter says his name in reverse ("Njie Clinton"), but she says it the same way as the presenter above. That segment is filmed in his home town, but the audio is rough.

Interestingly, in the French media, he's "Njie", but in the English media, he's "N'Jie". Maybe the Slavic influence has become so strong in England that "Njie" will be read as "Nyeh," as in "Kranjčar"?

You're quite the cunning linguist :ledleylick:

Defence
RB: Walker, Trippier, Yedlin
CB: Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Wimmer, Dier, Fazio
LB: Rose, Davies
Midfield
RM: Lamela, Townsend, Pritchard
CM: Eriksen, Bentaleb, Mason, Alli, Dier, Dembele
LM: Chadli, Pritchard
Forwards

CF: Kane, (Soldado)
I know we're all hopeful on Pritchard, but expecting him to play on both wings at the same time is overdoing it a bit :avbshit:

I know we're all hopeful on Pritchard, but expecting him to play on both wings at the same time is overdoing it a bit :avbshit:

The kid has lightening feet... he can cope!

BTW, we signed anyone today? I wanna see that SSN Yellow Ticker with our name on it... or else my day ain't complete!

as i said on another thread it amazes me how this guy has gone from 'raw promise' to 'must have finished article' in the space of a few weeks, lol. like many others i haven't seen any footage of the bloke, he could be great, he could be average. desperate times call for desperate measures i suppose. Kane needs some support thats for sure. :levywhoa:
As soon as we are remotely linked with someone it's tradition to treat them as integral to our plans, add them to any formations suggested and slate Levy if the deal doesn't materialise.

As soon as we are remotely linked with someone it's tradition to treat them as integral to our plans, add them to any formations suggested and slate Levy if the deal doesn't materialise.
It's also Levy's fault that West Brom are still waiting to see if one of the Mancs drop 30m for Berahino.

FFS Levy, break the bank!

Back
Top Bottom