Next four for us and our nearest and dearest

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

OK, so we have:

United H
Everton A
Stoke H
Chavs A

Chavs have:

WBA A
Stoke H
City A
Spurs H

Scum have:

Liverpool A
Newcastle H
Villa H
QPR A

I don't want to be pessimistic so I won't say what my predicted return is for us out of the games coming up, but I could see the scum will get 9 or 10 points from that lot. Can't see them not beating Newcastle or Villa at home. Hope QPR can take a point from that one. If we win that massive game at the Bridge, you could see Chelsea taking 3 points from the next 12.

Already been told by Chelsea fan today they are no longer worried about us after seeing us buckle like that. But we won't play that badly there. It's a must win IMO.

Chelsea have four tough games in a row and it will be interesting to see how Woolwich and Liverpool turns out.

Fuck me Man City & Liverpool could do us a favour... but judging by the amount of abuse we've dished out their way SO far this season, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if they rolled over and let their tummies be tickled!

STILL in our own hands, but MAN UTD & CHELSEA are MASSIVE! we have to win ONE of them... can't go the entire season having ONLY beaten ArseAnal & Liverpool at home, and that's it... of the 'Big Boys' we've lost away at Utd, City & ArseAnal, drawn at Liverpool and god only knows what version of Spurs we'll come up with at Stamford Bridge... and so SUNDAY IS THE CUP FINAL OF ALL CUP FINALS! ...until the NEXT ONE!!

The irony of Woolwich pushing on and finishing 3rd off the back of the NLD would be sickening. I still believe, one game changes nothing. We do need to get our house in order but both Chelsea and Woolwich have inconsistent throughout the entire season. How does their win against us fix all their problems? It doesn't.

We'll beat Utd. Mood will change again.

spooky said:
The irony of a***nal pushing on and finishing 3rd off the back of the NLD would be sickening. I still believe, one game changes nothing. We do need to get our house in order but both Chelsea and a***nal have inconsistent throughout the entire season. How does their win against us fix all their problems? It doesn't.

We'll beat Utd. Mood will change again.

I agree.

Just hope Redknapp goes back to basics and plays 4411

We all need to take to heart something Ferguson is always saying. The season ends in May. Positions in the league mean nothing until then.

Chelsea and the scum can get a maximum 82 points if they win their remaining 12 games (and since they play each other only one of them can do that). In order to reach 83 points we need 10 wins.

Chelsea play Man City away, Fulham away, Newcastle home, Woolwich away and Liverpool away.

Woolwich play Liverpool away, Newcastle home, Man City home, Chelsea home and Stoke away.

Any draws or defeats in those games will lower how many wins we need. Even if either of them hit Real Madrid's form in terms of points per game (Played 24, Won 21, Drawn 1, Lost 2 = 2.66 p.p.g) we would need only 8 wins and a draw from our last 12 matches.

As long as we win:

Bolton (A)
Norwich (H)
Blackburn (H)
Stoke (H)
Fulham (H)
QPR (A)
Swansea (H)
Aston Villa (A)

We are all but uncatchable barring the kind of form that would make them one of the best sides in Europe. And neither of them are anywhere near that. Every time they lose, we can afford to lose one of the above games.

I had looked at the remaining fixtures with a clear thought in my mind. If we could get 3 points from the scum/utd/chav games i would be happy as the other game we have left to play should be 3 pointers.

Gotta feel upbeat about the utd game as i am confident that harry read the boys the riot act after sundays shambles.

Still think 3rd is ours, just hope the chav's get 4th not arsewank.

Rilla said:
I had looked at the remaining fixtures with a clear thought in my mind. If we could get 3 points from the scum/utd/chav games i would be happy as the other game we have left to play should be 3 pointers.

Gotta feel upbeat about the utd game as i am confident that harry read the boys the riot act after sundays shambles.

He fucking better had... and if he didn't, he should politely step aside for about 30,000 Yids who WILL!!

Rilla said:

I'm hoping for a miracle... Newcastle fight their way into it to knock them both out.

spooky said:
a***nal and Chelsea will lose more games between now and the end of the season than we will.

This is the crux of it for me. The deluded cunts can suddenly imagine they've turned into the Invincibles again overnight and AVB gets sacked tomorrow and Mourinho decides to co-manage them or something, but the fact remains that while they are decent at home their away form has, and will continue to hurt them.

Woolwich have lost SIX games away from home (more than we have all season) and still go away to Liverpool (too many draws, but nevertheless unbeaten at Anfield all season), Everton (which thanks to Everton still being in the cup will be a midweek rearrangement) and Stoke (the week after the Chelsea match).

Chelsea have only won 5 out of 13 away matches. They've scored less goals away from home than Blackburn have. They go away to Man City (played 13 and won 13, scored 40 conceded 6), Fulham (derby match, Fulham always give teams a game at the Cottage), Woolwich and Liverpool.

If either of them make it over 70 points this season it will be an amazing achievement. And we could completely collapse and lose 5 more matches and still finish with 72 points.

Problem is, we don't want to go into the final 8/9 games of the season HAVING to win them all, because we failed to take advantage of being 2-0 up and then pissing it all away in 'certain' games... 'cos we won't win all our remaining games, but conversely, I could imagine ONE of Chelsea or ArseAnal doing EXACTLY that! ...it's as annoying as it is unlikely, I realise, but we don't seem to do well in the 'must win games' ...we always seem to be better when the pressure is off slightly... which it's hardly likely to be between now and May!

mariaruelasmx said:
Rilla said:

I'm hoping for a miracle... Newcastle fight their way into it to knock them both out.

thats the spirit!!!
i dont think we are in any real trouble of losing 3rd. yes its not over till may but i really and truly
dont see the wheels suddenly falling off after such a great season. we are not the same team who fell apart last season and all you have to do to reassure yourself is look at the points table and were we sit.

1882 said:
Problem is, we don't want to go into the final 8/9 games of the season HAVING to win them all

I doubt it will come to that to be honest. At the moment it looks lopsided towards the end of the season because we are coming to the end of our difficult run, and have a much easier one coming. We could just as easily draw with Man United, win at Everton, draw with Chelsea, and beat Sunderland and go into our last 8 games needing only 9-14 points.

I highly doubt either Chelsea or the Scum will win all of their next four games, and I equally doubt we will fail to win any of our next four.

As someone commenting (possibly on Dear Mr. Levy) said at the turn of the year all the Chelsea and Woolwich fans were pointing to this run of games as the real test, that we would collapse and our (at the time) 8 point lead would disappear. Well we've played through half our tough run and the gap is still 7 points. Yes we lost to City and Woolwich, but our form over the last ten matches is still WDWWDLWDWL. Repeat that over a much easier set of games coming up and we'll finish 3rd easily.

Fuck all this worry!!!

I'm still pulling for the double ... and only partially because the 'suicide pact' will mean 5 new open spots on the pod! (Yids have had enough 'Chicago Dan' and are ready for a 'New York Tony'!!!)

COYS

Kiss the ring you Gooner and Chelski bitches!!!
van-der-vaart-mirrorfootball-co-uk.jpg

Back
Top Bottom