Newcastle United vs Tottenham Hotspur. Sat 13th April. 12:30pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fixed it for ya!

Mr Bean Thumbs Up GIF

If he was bent what would he have done differently?

This season has felt rigged or at best sketchy all year tbh.

It takes 1 game to find a team out. Analysis and video footage these days. It's probably available at half time. It is not rocket science how to play against a team with a high line.
Thank God someone said it.

That "we've been found out" after 32 games is utterly ridiculous excuse making.

We lose games cause we can't - and won't- defend for shit. Cause some of our lads aren't good enough, others don't work hard enough. And cause we faff a la Spain under Enrique around their box...70% possession and 800 passes...wooooooopee fucking doodee. Players not up to the task, coaching staff clueless and lost.

Any manager that allows his team to defend like that isn't the right manager.

You can have bad days at the office but lets all be real for second, our defending at times this season has been under nines level.
Zero organisation, its so easy to get at us.

The worst thing about this game was before a ball was even kicked I could see they had all the black and white flags out and that they fancied it, Eddie Howe did a little interview where he basically said he had set up to counter what we do, and I knew before a ball was even kicked that we would lose.

They fancied it, they put themselves about and we folded. Like we do every fucking time without fail.

Everyone talks about the manager having no plan B, but even the plan A is fucking shocking at times.

Anyway I don't want to get too much on the managers back, he isn't the real problem at the club, nor are the players. We all know why we are what we are.

When you think of Spurs now don't think Ricky Villa, or Glenn Hoddle or Billy Nic, think NFL pitches, Beyonce and hotels complexes.

I made a bet start of this season that we would finish bottom half or I leave the forum, I lost that bet and this is my last post on here.
I'm Just done.

Some of you will be pleased to hear it I'm sure.

Lets be real this season has been absolute shit, we've had no European football to contend with, we went out of both cups with an absolute whimper. There is just nothing really to get excited about or play for.

We don't deserve fourth and frankly I couldn't give a fuck if we even make it.

I'm not hanging around to watch us get absolute destroyed by the goons and Liverpool over the coming weeks. life is too short.

Anyway I'm rambled enough, cheerio and good luck to you all even those I haven't seen eye to eye with.

COYS!
Youll Be Back Conor Mckenna GIF by FoilArmsandHog

Leaving the stadium, some of our fans were an absolute disgrace. You're supposed to be an adult, taking losing with a bit of grace. They were absolute scum, abusing and threatening the locals. Fuck off out of our club.

Since I've been up here, the locals have been amazing, so friendly and welcoming. It's a beautiful city. Completely uncalled for.

Leaving the stadium, some of our fans were an absolute disgrace. You're supposed to be an adult, taking losing with a bit of grace. They were absolute scum, abusing and threatening the locals. Fuck off out of our club.

Since I've been up here, the locals have been amazing, so friendly and welcoming. It's a beautiful city. Completely uncalled for.
Stupid fans should be punched in the face. But Newcastle fans are just as bad or even worse.

Thank God someone said it.

That "we've been found out" after 32 games is utterly ridiculous excuse making.
Who in here has waited 32 games to say that? Everyone knows we've been generally shit and inconsistent at best since injury-gate. It wouldn't have been fair to draw any conclusions whilst at one point 70% of our starting squad was out.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing because there wasn't a mofo on here complaining or having any doubts whilst we were top (or near) of the league during the first 10 games. You have to consider that at the start of the season, it's not just about figuring out the opponent, it's also about figuring out yourselves! - New players, new tactics, new manger and even all three things combined. So yes, it can take a while for a teams get into gear before they clock you effectively.

Last edited:
If you get the ball to Son in space where he can run onto it and shoot, he will always deliver goals. If you play like sideways slugs and ask him to hold the ball up with his back to goal, he will do fuck all. That’s not his game.
It was so painful to watch. Every ball into his area either was snuffed out or bounces off of him. Do you think Richarlison (if healthy) would have done better? just curious

The performance have been pathetic. Ange will be responsible for it. But those calling him out for change of manager is fucking pathetic. These people are part of the reason this club is so rotten and not given the chance of rebuild after so many years. Get a grip.
Agreed. Just wish there was a plan B

Our fans harp on about our high possession of play.

That we have the highest goals conceded stat in the top six appears to be of little interest.

That team, using those tactics, will win nothing, impossible to win anything when we concede goals for fun.

Our visit to Anfield will be embarrassing in the extreme.
Yes mate, the defence is shit, midfield is poor, sadly son is past his best.
I like the manager as a person, but fuck knows what, if any defensive coaching is taking place.
Every week we concede, even against shit teams at the bottom that is not right.
The next few games are a concern, with both the team and management out of sorts, you dread the score.

Back
Top Bottom