Newcastle United vs Tottenham Hotspur. Sat 13th April. 12:30pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Good idea.

shahs of sunset drinking GIF by RealityTVGIFs

Dreadful game. Need to sort out set piece defence and stop being so scared to have a shot on goal. If we end up giving the ball away as a result, so be it. We stand more chance scoring from a quick counter then the endless ponderous passing, which is driving me crazy.

Hopefully just a bad day, we need to get this out our system, and fast.
Very poor all round, some we almost expect it from especially away from home.

But what happened to VDV? It was like he forgot how to defend, overcompensating THREE times and allowing players to cut back in onto their stronger feet instead of showing them the other way.

The third goal he just went to sleep.

Plenty to learn from, let's hope he does it quickly.
I do think that shite yellow card he got before the first goal might have been on his mind. It was a bullshit card.

still, he and veliz are what you would want in the box when you have two wide men. not a fucking pussy whos scared of heading the ball and scared of any physical contact.
Yes true but Veliz is a young long term signing which is our way. Richarlison proved the season before he's not good enough. Ok he's been better this season. But still not good enough.

Last edited:
...ah, now then, what's the word I'm looking for...?
It's on the tip of my tongue...

It begins with 'B' and rhymes with ZOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

You can have bad days at the office but lets all be real for second, our defending at times this season has been under nines level.
Zero organisation, its so easy to get at us.
u cannot really organise at the centre circle once your last fullback is running facing your own goalie abreast an opposition striker in full flight with the ball or chasing the ball in front of you. FFS how do you organise ??

I do think that shite yellow card he got before the first goal might have been on his mind. It was a bullshit card.
Strangely, the ref pointed at parts of the pitch where other of our players had committed fouls, so he got booked for "totting up". I've never seen a player booked for other players cumulative fouls before. He was probably including Newcastle fouls too.

The best part of Son's game is stretching the pitch in the transition. In the current system the transition game is not the point of emphasis.
Son can absolutely do that in system where we have most of the ball provided you kept the ball to him quickly. There will always be opportunities for transition. The season started that way. Ange allows them now to keep the ball and pass incredibly slowly. So he's marked out of the game.

u cannot really organise once your last fullback is running facing your own goalie abreast an opposition striker in full flight with the ball or chasing the ball in front of you. FFS how do you organise ??
It's almost as if someone should be getting paid millions to organise the team, why haven't they done that?

Where is ange ball ??? That gutless spineless performance is down to the manager and is not good enough
All well and good matching the energy of the stadium but you have to match the fight desire and passion we were woefully lacking - worse than Fulham - keep serving up this tepid spineless and fucking boring football and ange nice bloke that he is can do one

This and Fulham A show what a basket case our squad and the whole set up of our First Team are. Hotspur Way needs to be gutted. It’s a cosy, luxurious nurturer of mediocrity. You can lose matches after a decent contest. Or you can just roll over like the lazy fat mammals we are. Embarrassing and pathetic. Ange is starting to worry me too. Talk of no tactics in training. Complete lack of pragmatism. Fuck me we are a cursed and diseased club.

#ConteWasRight

Back
Top Bottom