Newcastle United vs Tottenham Hotspur. Sat 13th April. 12:30pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well, a fantastic start to the sporting weekend.

All I need now is for City to stupidly drop points at home and for my horse in the National to fall on its arse at the first fence...

It was clear early on that Toons3were closing down quickly and forcing errors.
Regardless of this our midfield passing was really very poor. A 3 metre pass going to a stripey shirt!
They played 3 up front against our 2.
Their 5 at the back enabled two to help press in midfield.
They were faster, more physical and more determined.
We were simply appalling.
We have no plan to penetrate banked defense.
We have no plan, apart from Slippy Mickey to address the long ball.
We've been sussed.

Fair play to Newcastle, especially with their injuries this season, but fuck me how much did we gift it to them.

Embarrassing is an understatement. I want to love Ange but much more of this shit and I will want him gone. Brighton, Fulham and now this is not allowable as this level.

It's not just about getting dicked like this, but it's the worrying signs of his tactics. Our defending at corners and set pieces is pathetic and he's done nothing about it. The highline defending is very worrying as teams have now sussed it out.

I'll give him another transfer window to see if it's just the players he's got at the moment but we're looking so naive under him.

A reporter asked Ange this week about comments made by players that during training he doesn't talk much about the opposition and spends most of the time training on the way we play.

Eddie Howe on the other hand, cut out supply to our wingbacks sat three in the middle of defence and cut out any threat we had.

Something like the forty second minute before we had a shot on goal?

We struggle against relegation fodder so this result wasn't really surprising, and makes the trip to Anfield all the more frightening.

Too many performances like this through season end and we needn't worry about dusting off our passports.

I’m ready for all the disagree marks

I am Ange Out.

This is shite.
i am prepared to wait for the result at the end of the season... particularly after Liverpool, Arse & Mansh1tty matches.

that mini passing side way shuffle t obtained a >70% possession game is not for me - unless there is end product.

Very poor all round, some we almost expect it from especially away from home.

But what happened to VDV? It was like he forgot how to defend, overcompensating THREE times and allowing players to cut back in onto their stronger feet instead of showing them the other way.

The third goal he just went to sleep.

Plenty to learn from, let's hope he does it quickly.

It was clear early on that Toons3were closing down quickly and forcing errors.
Regardless of this our midfield passing was really very poor. A 3 metre pass going to a stripey shirt!
They played 3 up front against our 2.
Their 5 at the back enabled two to help press in midfield.
They were faster, more physical and more determined.
We were simply appalling.
We have no plan to penetrate banked defense.
We have no plan, apart from Slippy Mickey to address the long ball.
We've been sussed.
Pretty much.

Any manager that allows his team to defend like that isn't the right manager.

You can have bad days at the office but lets all be real for second, our defending at times this season has been under nines level.
Zero organisation, its so easy to get at us.

The worst thing about this game was before a ball was even kicked I could see they had all the black and white flags out and that they fancied it, Eddie Howe did a little interview where he basically said he had set up to counter what we do, and I knew before a ball was even kicked that we would lose.

They fancied it, they put themselves about and we folded. Like we do every fucking time without fail.

Everyone talks about the manager having no plan B, but even the plan A is fucking shocking at times.

Anyway I don't want to get too much on the managers back, he isn't the real problem at the club, nor are the players. We all know why we are what we are.

When you think of Spurs now don't think Ricky Villa, or Glenn Hoddle or Billy Nic, think NFL pitches, Beyonce and hotels complexes.

I made a bet start of this season that we would finish bottom half or I leave the forum, I lost that bet and this is my last post on here.
I'm Just done.

Some of you will be pleased to hear it I'm sure.

Lets be real this season has been absolute shit, we've had no European football to contend with, we went out of both cups with an absolute whimper. There is just nothing really to get excited about or play for.

We don't deserve fourth and frankly I couldn't give a fuck if we even make it.

I'm not hanging around to watch us get absolute destroyed by the goons and Liverpool over the coming weeks. life is too short.

Anyway I'm rambled enough, cheerio and good luck to you all even those I haven't seen eye to eye with.

COYS!

I’m ready for all the disagree marks

I am Ange Out.

This is shite.

Wont make any difference. Look at Carlo Ancelotti at Everton, didn't do shit. Look at him at Real Madrid, wins everything.

We are much closer to Everton than Real Madrid, despite the stadium, revenues and all that. As a club, we accept winning nothing and making up the numbers, just like Everton do. Real Madrid would not accept that for one minute.

Whatever manager we get plays under an ownership that is happy with some Champions League football as an end goal, but will accept not seriously competing to win any competition. Everything reflects that core principle.

Every now and then, the fans get fed up with it and the manager gets sacked. This protects Levy, and on and on it goes.

Wont make any difference. Look at Carlo Ancelotti at Everton, didn't do shit. Look at him at Real Madrid, wins everything.

We are much closer to Everton than Real Madrid, despite the stadium, revenues and all that. As a club, we accept winning nothing and making up the numbers, just like Everton do. Real Madrid would not accept that for one minute.

Whatever manager we get plays under an ownership that is happy with some Champions League football as an end goal, but will accept not seriously competing to win any competition. Everything reflects that core principle.

Every now and then, the fans get fed up with it and the manager gets sacked. This protects Levy, and on and on it goes.
Absolutely

Well, that was .. shit.

Plenty of positives in the big picture though, and few reasons to throw everything overboard based on this performance. Changing plans and personell every year will take us nowhere, which last decade also has shown us.

Patience.
What positives?

Not being snarky. What are the big picture positives for this season?

Vicario definitely. VdV, although he had a stinker today. Udogie and Porro.

What else?

Villa have managed to go above us without even playing!

Fuck me, what a horrendous, shitshow that was.
Don't worry, by the time the Arse cruise into double figures against them tomorrow, they'll be back down in 5th, and we'd have technically 'moved back into 4th without even playing' either!

Doesn't every manager need time and actual quality footballers???

Yep. Contrary to what the Ange cultists at the start thought (with their bizzarely delusional proclamations that Ange was a '''winner'' and would have us challenging for a title) football managers are not wizards and ultimately are not the ones who go out on to the football pitch and play matches.

They're important, hugely so. But if you don't provide the framework for success they're not going to achieve miracles. I like Ange, he is clearly a good football coach and his style of play is progressive and works for this club. But there is no one mastermind plug-in-and-play coach who we could bring to this club and deliver consistent excellence with the squad as it is.

Back
Top Bottom