Newcastle United vs Tottenham Hotspur. Sat 13th April. 12:30pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ange mate you have lost it sorry i like you and would have a VB with you but things have got to change your tactics do not work in the premier league. Defeat is one thing. I could have foreseen a defeat away at Newcastle. It's the manner of that defeat that's unacceptable

Time now for a three hour run and then later I'm going to watch that godawful Amy Winehouse movie.

Lilywhite Duke completing the masochism hat trick today.

422d762f5132e418734b960faf2921b6.gif
Back to black.....🤦‍♂️

If we play like today then there is zero points in us being in CL next season. We’ll go out of the group stage and it’ll be a giant waste of time. We’ll get more out of being in Europa league and giving minutes to youngsters.
If only we had any youngsters to give minutes too. Our youth system isn’t producing players for us. That’s part of our problem.

Some serious work will need to be undertaken in the summer, assuming Ange is still here. It not just the player recruitment that will be key, but the whole subject of tactics, including the high line defending, set piece defending, proper leadership on the pitch and in game management. I’d love to know whether Ange believes he’s behind or ahead of schedule on these issues.

Good idea.

shahs of sunset drinking GIF by RealityTVGIFs

Dreadful game. Need to sort out set piece defence and stop being so scared to have a shot on goal. If we end up giving the ball away as a result, so be it. We stand more chance scoring from a quick counter then the endless ponderous passing, which is driving me crazy.

Hopefully just a bad day, we need to get this out our system, and fast.
Too many bad days, tired of the excuses and familiar pattern.
Same at Fulham, same as usual, motivation from anyone, pointless passing for the sake of it.

Of course he was.

But because his football was atrocious, and because Levy was clever enough to appoint a sweet-talking Ozzie after him (knowing Big A wasn't even first choice btw), the truth got buried.
The 100% truth, give 'em someone who waffles on about winning and playing the right way etc.

A yes man fraud to replace a man who was spot on about his assessment of the club and it's ownership.

It was offside, but fuck me Werner you've been crap today.

We can't be signing this guy, even as back-up. Abysmal in front of goal.
He'll be picked up for 15 mil and be a starter next year. You can quote me.

We'll be told the market was tricky, that we tried but the other teams moved the goalposts last minute etc etc. As Paul O'Keefe would say, "the usual Spurs/Levy tactics".

The same is true about the fanbase getting enthuastic about a manager who has never managed in a top 5 or 10 or 15 or 20 league in his life getting the chance to manage here.

Fanbase acting surprised that he's out his depth is comedy. What else was expected?

You can count convincing performances on 1 hand this season, which is to be expected by hiring a manager of this quality, but hey, at least he says "mate" and doesn't dig out the ownership eh

I like Ange. I think if given time and resources he will do well here. This season has mostly been an improvement over previous ones and he has instilled a very different setup. Teams have adapted to us but at the start of the season we were fun.

I obviously didn't buy in to the bizarre cult of personality that surrounded him with the cringeworthy Aussie fans coming in to tell us he was literally God and that doing it in Scotland and Asia is the same as in England because 'its the same sport' and 'he's won everywhere!' but he's a good coach. He does things I want a Spurs coach to do. He just needs time and actual quality footballers.

Hahaha you’re really invested in this Ange thing to work, aren’t you? Why are you deflecting attention from the manager? I thought we were gonna cook next season when Mr. President Levy was gonna back Postecoglou and we’d win the title. 🤡

Too bad this game happened.
Might be the fat fraud himself, or maybe Jedinak or Mason, 2 other clowns who've got no business working at this level

Good idea.

shahs of sunset drinking GIF by RealityTVGIFs

Dreadful game. Need to sort out set piece defence and stop being so scared to have a shot on goal. If we end up giving the ball away as a result, so be it. We stand more chance scoring from a quick counter then the endless ponderous passing, which is driving me crazy.

Hopefully just a bad day, we need to get this out our system, and fast.
Watched the gif

No idea what you typed

I like Ange. I think if given time and resources he will do well here. This season has mostly been an improvement over previous ones and he has instilled a very different setup. Teams have adapted to us but at the start of the season we were fun.

I obviously didn't buy in to the bizarre cult of personality that surrounded him with the cringeworthy Aussie fans coming in to tell us he was literally God and that doing it in Scotland and Asia is the same as in England because 'its the same sport' and 'he's won everywhere!' but he's a good coach. He does things I want a Spurs coach to do. He just needs time and actual quality footballers.
Doesn't every manager need/want time and actual quality footballers???
Wouldn't Sunday league managers be able to do something given enough time and quality footballers?

Well, that was .. shit.

Plenty of positives in the big picture though, and few reasons to throw everything overboard based on this performance. Changing plans and personell every year will take us nowhere, which last decade also has shown us.

Patience.

Back
Top Bottom