Newcastle United vs Tottenham Hotspur. Sat 13th April. 12:30pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Really fun to have the early Saturday kick off so Spurs can shit all over your weekend from the very earliest opportunity. Wonderful stuff.
Time now for a three hour run and then later I'm going to watch that godawful Amy Winehouse movie.

Lilywhite Duke completing the masochism hat trick today.

422d762f5132e418734b960faf2921b6.gif

Would it be really that bad if we forgot Europe for now until we’re ready? I really don’t believe we are anywhere near ready playing Champions League. Just apply patience and keep rebuilding, we’ll know deep down when we have a team that are ready to compete.
I just don’t want to be humiliated, and with this team it’s all up in the air.
If we play like today then there is zero points in us being in CL next season. We’ll go out of the group stage and it’ll be a giant waste of time. We’ll get more out of being in Europa league and giving minutes to youngsters.

Is anyone getting excited about signing Werner?

I don’t think it’s a mentality thing either, we’ve come back more than anyone from behind I think.

It’s just about a lack of quality. Especially in the forward/attacking group.

If you are going to play high risk football, you need the quality up front to outscore the risk. Exactly what Klopp/Liverpool do. Concede chances but have a group of forwards who make the system pay out.

I don’t mind Ange’s philosophy, but we’ve got to improve the components.
i have disagreed with ange-ball HIGH LINE from day-1 & passing with no end-product

Not for me. better components or not.

They can press relentlessly because they know our attack can’t hold the ball up or do anything effective.

Our midfield and defenders get the brunt of our powder puff attack.

Seriously. They’re fucking useless. Son is not a solo 9. Never fucking will be. He’s one of the best in the world running in behind, but he is pointless with his back to a defender.
The likes of Bissouma, Bentancur, Sarr and whoever else get blamed for the fact that not only do they have to play with Maddison who does fuck all off the ball apart from prance about, the front 3 can't hold the ball or assert themselves in any fashion. At least with Son, if you give him a chance there's a good chance it's a goal but the likes of Werner & Johnson are useless, they wouldn't even be Conference if they didn't have pace.

Head up , me lady 🤗

Have a drink
Good idea.

shahs of sunset drinking GIF by RealityTVGIFs

Dreadful game. Need to sort out set piece defence and stop being so scared to have a shot on goal. If we end up giving the ball away as a result, so be it. We stand more chance scoring from a quick counter then the endless ponderous passing, which is driving me crazy.

Hopefully just a bad day, we need to get this out our system, and fast.

Fair play to Newcastle, especially with their injuries this season, but fuck me how much did we gift it to them.

Embarrassing is an understatement. I want to love Ange but much more of this shit and I will want him gone. Brighton, Fulham and now this is not allowable as this level.

It's not just about getting dicked like this, but it's the worrying signs of his tactics. Our defending at corners and set pieces is pathetic and he's done nothing about it. The highline defending is very worrying as teams have now sussed it out.

I'll give him another transfer window to see if it's just the players he's got at the moment but we're looking so naive under him.

Nothing works mate, we need change of culture. Antonio was right.
Of course he was.

But because his football was atrocious, and because Levy was clever enough to appoint a sweet-talking Ozzie after him (knowing Big A wasn't even first choice btw), the truth got buried.

Spurs had 72 % possession and yet lost 0-4 :cool:

As said earlier because our forward line isn't equipped to deal with the ball, we get all the possession but can do nothing with it in the final third against a back 5 which is all we seem to face now to counter our football.
We need proper forwards, for example richarlison would've had two today in Werner's place

Of course he was.

But because his football was atrocious, and because Levy was clever enough to appoint a sweet-talking Ozzie after him (knowing Big A wasn't even first choice btw), the truth got buried.

Levy thinks attacking football gets him off the hook.

Or that another "project" without actually investing a penny of owner money will be the one that eventually flukes a trophy and buys him another 23 years.

I can’t even get mad about it right now. It’s getting to the point where I just want the season to end.
lets be honest we all were alrite at the beginning of the season with only gettting an HANDJOB but then there were some kisses on the HEAD and we all thought sweet we getting a BLOWJOB,
only now 4 her to get a phone call and had to leave.
and now we stand here we our pants down feeling silly but ,,,,
hey dont forget we still got our dicks touched

SO ITS NoT ALL BAD

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom