Newcastle United vs Tottenham Hotspur. Sat 13th April. 12:30pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would it be really that bad if we forgot Europe for now until we’re ready? I really don’t believe we are anywhere near ready playing Champions League. Just apply patience and keep rebuilding, we’ll know deep down when we have a team that are ready to compete.
I just don’t want to be humiliated, and with this team it’s all up in the air.

Don't know how we are going to recharge mentally after this humiliation?? Games like this could be season endening sadly.

Probably have to worry about Magpies catching us now.

Don't know where to place the hope now:

1. Villa losing a lot of points too(probably not happening)

2. Hoping Hammers, Gooners, and such cunts going far in Europe.

Sad Season 2 GIF by Friends

Part of the rebuild. One of those shit days that we knew that we would have in the beginning of the season. Let's just move on and focus on the next game, which is the one that REALLY matters.

Would it be really that bad if we forgot Europe for now until we’re ready? I really don’t believe we are anywhere near ready playing Champions League. Just apply patience and keep rebuilding, we’ll know deep down when we have a team that are ready to compete.
I just don’t want to be humiliated, and with this team it’s all up in the air.
We’re not building anything other than hotels.

if they manage a win every now and then -with all these cliff hangers - some fans might still gravitate towards these games.

But if they lose more than win - then suddenly theyll run out of patience with "ange ball".

So what if they signed Isaak next yr - can our system of play provide him the direct balls he require to score.
What is the point, if all you are doing is pads backwards or sideways.
No chance of Isaak coming here, our keeper gets more touches of the ball than a striker.

Is anyone getting excited about signing Werner?

I don’t think it’s a mentality thing either, we’ve come back more than anyone from behind I think.

It’s just about a lack of quality. Especially in the forward/attacking group.

If you are going to play high risk football, you need the quality up front to outscore the risk. Exactly what Klopp/Liverpool do. Concede chances but have a group of forwards who make the system pay out.

I don’t mind Ange’s philosophy, but we’ve got to improve the components.

Coming from behind is not the same as competing for 90 minutes consistently and dealing with teams who make games physical. Teams know we can be bullied, intensity and set pieces kill us because we get physically pushed around the pitch. Look what they did to our fucking goalkeeper. We've got the softest core going.

Of course we need better forwards but collectively we were physically beaten today. Newcastle were first to pretty much every ball that counted.

People are talking about Werner as a 'must sign' because of his price. It's low ambition nonsense. He is a poor footballer who numerous top sides are happy to be rid of because yes we all know what he offers, but he is a fucking brainless footballer. Offside constantly, zero composure, terrible decision making. Teams who really want to be somewhere don't sign him. He's a BTEC Darwin Nunez who is a mess but at least has absolute top-level physicality and weirdly inconsistent technique where he has the ability to score from nothing.

Back
Top Bottom