Newcastle United vs Tottenham Hotspur. Sat 13th April. 12:30pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's been fucking shite again. Ghost of his former self.
Clearly Ange has started him again because with Newcastle's press, Biss is the better man to have on the ball over PEH... however, he's be crap again. Poor touch, caught in possession multiple times, not picking his passes and moving things quickly. He was great at the start of the season, but you're right, he looks very poor now. Well all thoughts the Biss-Bentancur pairing was going to be amazing, but it isn't looking that way.

Next goal and we can still come away with something, as bad as we were in that first half. With the crowd behind them and the likes of Gordon and Isak in top form, it was never going to be a stroll in the park.

Do people still think we're a better team than we would be with Kane up front today? We miss his hold up play and quality so, so much, regardless of what you think about his pressing, or lack of.
Frankly, I don’t think he would have changed much. There are problems all over the pitch.

Keep playing Maddison in the middle 'mate' and keep letting us get completely controlled time and time again. Yeh Ange don't bother trying something different 'mate'.

This manager is something else man. People talk about Conte being stubborn but this guy literally watches us get absolutely bossed and just let's it happen. Even Leicester dropped Maddison from time to time but this guy doesn't even have the balls to move him to the left (with our current left sided option being a player that cant finish his dinner).

Last edited:
I don't know what the fuck Ange see's in Bissouma. He's been shit for months now.

He's not that creative, he gives the ball away way too often, can't pass particularly well and is often out of position which doesn't help when our fallbacks are miles up the pitch.

I much prefer Højbjerg in the midfield and I don't really rate him that much. One thing he can do is control the game a lot better.

Just really frustrating.

I don’t know how we’re trying to play. Johnson and Werner are hugging the sideline but we’re not doing anything with that space. Udogie and Porro aren’t doing anything with it, and neither are the wingers.

Son is genuinely pointless in a game like this. The ball bounces off him. We’re stretching the game the wrong way; sideways rather than vertically.

Ange been outdone by Howe here.
1a93e15b-80d2-47e1-8888-6d3a8dcef184_text.gif

Back
Top Bottom