Newcastle United vs Tottenham Hotspur. Sat 13th April. 12:30pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If you win the toss you can play to any end you want. You should always make the home team play to their least favourite end in the second half. Do anything to make the opposition feel uncomfortable. It’s mind games but players do have a favourite end. We are the prime example.
Yes I agree, but I suspect that it is accepted that you don't do that as it so rarely happens. You would surely statistically see it much more frequently if it wasn't a gentleman's agreement type of thing?

Yes I agree, but I suspect that it is accepted that you don't do that as it so rarely happens. You would surely statistically see it much more frequently if it wasn't a gentleman's agreement type of thing?

Tails never fails right! Sonny is just good at calling the coin.

Seriously it’s just up to the opposing team of trey win it. Obviously at our place you have the away fans up the other end so maybe some teams want to shoot towards their own fans the second half.

But I guess it’s mainly that teams want to start with the ball. And just can’t be bothered wandering up the other end of the pitch etc etc.

If you win the toss you can play to any end you want. You should always make the home team play to their least favourite end in the second half. Do anything to make the opposition feel uncomfortable. It’s mind games but players do have a favourite end. We are the prime example.
Am I right in thinking literally only wolves made us play into the south stand in the first half?

It's funny you should call it that, you've nailed it (well more or less).

The day of the last time we wore that kit, whenever it was, I was taking my dog out for walkees. He suddenly lurched to one side and began scarfing up this big pile of another dog's puke (you know what they're like), it was EXACTLY the colour of that kit.

Seeing as how much I like the colour, I was lucky enough to see it twice more that day. Once in our match and again later when Mali in turn vommed all over the kitchen.

and after that, we will have 6 games in a spam of 20 days!
monty python spam GIF

It's funny you should call it that, you've nailed it (well more or less).

The day of the last time we wore that kit, whenever it was, I was taking my dog out for walkees. He suddenly lurched to one side and began scarfing up this big pile of another dog's puke (you know what they're like), it was EXACTLY the colour of that kit.

Seeing as how much I like the colour, I was lucky enough to see it twice more that day. Once in our match and again later when Mali in turn vommed all over the kitchen.

MMmmmm... Re-fried beans. :ledley:

Absolutely incredibly we have ANOTHER 2 week break after this game…

We came back quite poor after that break in terms of football on the pitch. Only recently have started to get those playing patterns back (bar Fulham)

Maybe Ange will try a proper training camp this time

Back
Top Bottom