New stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Spooky mentioned there has been another survey sent out to season ticket holders today.

Survey sent out today mentioned the Home Stand, one single bank no corporate, and also premium pricing STs including food drinks shuttle to the ground etc.

The ST waiting list is obviously the main reason that they think a new stadium is viable, but I would expect a lot of corporate tickets are needed as well. 3k a season for access to a restaurant before and free drinks at half time is not "average man on the street" territory.

Not sure what the waiting list is at now, but would expect at least 37'500 STs (excluding corporate) to be sold out of 56'000 capacity. With 25k at the moment anybody under 15k on the waiting list today would probably be in with a shout.

This stadium is still years away in reality.

i think they should be able to bring standing back in new stadiums, one stand, with safety features, there was that report that proved standing wasnt to blame, it was just poor safety features and over crowding, so with proper controls like there is now this isnt a problem, would make the games a lot more fun

dmarchantthfc said:
i think they should be able to bring standing back in new stadiums, one stand, with safety features, there was that report that proved standing wasnt to blame, it was just poor safety features and over crowding, so with proper controls like there is now this isnt a problem, would make the games a lot more fun

I'd love to have standing areas in stadiums like they do in the Bundesliga.

There was a campaign going around earlier this year to bring back 'safe standing' but I think it just all fizzled out

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011 ... ur-grounds

Sadly I imagine that the powers that be in English football are too cowardly to make a big decision on this by bringing back designated standing areas.

The Premier League will never introduce safe standing. The desire is only there among supporters. For the Premier League, they don't want this at all. For one thing you have clubs like Manure, City and the scum who all have enormous all seater stadiums which they are not going to be replacing. They don't want to have to rip up all the seating from those stadiums, and stop selling tickets at obscene prices. You can't charge someone £70 to stand up.

The Premier League want to keep the family friendly image. Women and kids at the games. A return to terraces doesn't fit that image.

The Westfalonstadion in Dortmund is a awesome place to be on a match day,i've been once and will never forget it,There end is a single bank and if we are thinking along those lines then it's a massive thumbs up from me,would be a sight to behold,imagine a mahoooosive Lillywhite and Blue wall in full voice!"Christ ive gotta boner thinking about it".COYS

rumours are that the ticket pricing (general sale or member/season ticket) will be the same as it was at the lane. Is this true? Will they really guarantee to fill 90,000 seats like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom