New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

parts of the lower do certainly

As a proud member of the West lower (hey! someone has to sit there) I can confirm that we have some quality banter. Also we universally dislike Walker and our half time bagels are better than yours.

We're the West stand, we're the west stand, we're the west stand TOTTENHAM

Emirates FA Cup :bmj:
vertonghen2.gif

The acid test of the hardcore support at whl is when an opposing player falls over in front of the stands and the crowd reactions, which are usually:

West stand - take photo, grin, grin at person in next seat, look horrified. Sip coffee

Park lane - cheer and then have a sing song

East stand - stand up, give wanker sign, shout ' get up you fucking wankah'

North stand - no reaction. Carry on moaning at enic

The acid test of the hardcore support at whl is when an opposing player falls over in front of the stands and the crowd reactions, which are usually:

West stand - take photo, grin, grin at person in next seat, look horrified. Sip coffee

Park lane - cheer and then have a sing song

East stand - stand up, give wanker sign, shout ' get up you fucking wankah'

North stand - no reaction. Carry on moaning at enic[/QUOTE]
Or remain asleep/in the bar que/watching the screens down stairs

I was in block 53 for many years

When I first started going the west stand enclosure was were all the older spurs went and they always started the loud coys that went around the ground.Donkey jackets Doc Martin's and beards...hard lads.
Remember a game against man utd and its the only time I stood there 76/77 lost 3-1.Got in for nothing as I was with the London Irish girl pipers best mate was in the band.
There were people coming out of the park lane on stretchers.

When I first started going the west stand enclosure was were all the older spurs went and they always started the loud coys that went around the ground.Donkey jackets Doc Martin's and beards...hard lads.
Remember a game against man utd and its the only time I stood there 76/77 lost 3-1.Got in for nothing as I was with the London Irish girl pipers best mate was in the band.
There were people coming out of the park lane on stretchers.

"Enclosure, do your job!
Enclosure,enclosure, do your job!"

I remember that song as a kid :)

Embarrassed by our support?!

Ok.

:dembelewtf:
Yes, not selling out to the League leaders Leicester at home in the FA cup when we have so many "fans" on the waiting list and having to advertise it on the radio is embarrassing IMO. That's what West Ham do. However we are running a business and I would do the same. How we are going to fill a 61,000 stadium when we can't fill 36,000 is beyond me. We obviously have different opinions on this which is fine by me.

Last edited:
Most of the stadium is sold out - those blocks that haven't, have less than about 10 seats left in each, with more than 2 weeks to go until the match. There'll be 35,000+ at the game, no doubt.

cCyo1RF.png

EDIT - Next three Premier League games:
Spurs v Norwich:
2iwATvS.png

Spurs v Leicester:
SEQS8TQ.png

Spurs v Sunderland:
F2e8Nxd.png

I don't quite understand what there is to be embarrassed about, to be honest.. :saha:

Last edited:
Yes, not selling out to the League leaders Leicester at home in the FA cup when we have so many "fans" on the waiting list and having to advertise it on the radio is embarrassing IMO. That's what West Ham do. However we are running a business and I would do the same. How we are going to fill a 61,000 stadium when we can't fill 36,000 is beyond me. We obviously have different opinions on this which is fine by me.
just...wow.

Most of the stadium is sold out - those blocks that haven't, have less than about 10 seats left in each, with more than 2 weeks to go until the match. There'll be 35,000+ at the game, no doubt.

cCyo1RF.png

Spurs v Norwich:
2iwATvS.png

Spurs v Leicester:
SEQS8TQ.png

Spurs v Sunderland:
F2e8Nxd.png

I don't quite understand what there is to be embarrassed about, to be honest.. :saha:
Tremendous post.

cCyo1RF.png

Spurs v Norwich:
2iwATvS.png

Spurs v Leicester:
SEQS8TQ.png

Spurs v Sunderland:
F2e8Nxd.png

It'd be nice if we could find an alternative way of showing the stadium sold out other than colouring the fucking thing red. :pochfacepalm:

All this talk about are we going to sell out the 61k... Actually, if we were to sell out the 61k immediately for average PL matches, then we'd have designed the stadium too small! Questions would be asked, 'Why didn't we go for 70/75k?'

The stadium needs to be big enough to give us room to grow, and while it might prompt some mocking from opposition fans, having empty seats from the start is a very good way of future-proofing the stadium. Especially if the design and pricing structure is such that the empty seats will naturally end up in the less prominent areas of the ground.

All this talk about are we going to sell out the 61k... Actually, if we were to sell out the 61k immediately for average PL matches, then we'd have designed the stadium too small! Questions would be asked, 'Why didn't we go for 70/75k?'
If safe-standing comes to fruition it'll rise to 64-65k just through changing the single tier stand.

Back
Top Bottom