New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't understand why they would block a season at Milton Keynes

surely they would see it as an opportunity to sell Premier League football to an area of the country that hasn't had it before...........isn't that the point of MK Dons?.......

I don't think they would block MK. What this article suggested was that we wanted to play some matches at MK and some at Wembley. The EPL wouldn't allow this, as all clubs have to play at a single stadium. They then suggested if we weren't happy playing all matches at MK, we should consider The Death Star.

AFAIK, Milton Keynes would be acceptable to the Prem, and I guess this is where we are likely to end up, despite it not being to the liking of many Spurs fans.

The problem isn't Milton Keynes per se, the major worry for me is if it all goes wrong for some reason, and we then end up effectively 'groundless'. The Prem are indicating very strongly that any team who can't meet their home fixtures in a suitable way at at a suitable venue will be thrown out of the Prem. Would then the Championship be obliged to take us, I don't know the answer to that, because we'd be in uncharted waters.

It's a nightmare scenario, and as I say managing this move out and back safely will be the biggest challenge ENIC have faced in charge of our club, and I sincerely hope they are up the task.

AFAIK, Milton Keynes would be acceptable to the Prem, and I guess this is where we are likely to end up, despite it not being to the liking of many Spurs fans.

The problem isn't Milton Keynes per se, the major worry for me is if it all goes wrong for some reason, and we then end up effectively 'groundless'. The Prem are indicating very strongly that any team who can't meet their home fixtures in a suitable way at at a suitable venue will be thrown out of the Prem. Would then the Championship be obliged to take us, I don't know the answer to that, because we'd be in uncharted waters.

It's a nightmare scenario, and as I say managing this move out and back safely will be the biggest challenge ENIC have faced in charge of our club, and I sincerely hope they are up the task.
... or we might get hit by a meteor, or the whole squad could be eaten by flesh eating bugs.

What is likely to constitute 'it all going wrong'? Sorry Greavsie but that is just too far fetched. The companies commissioned to complete the planning and build won't be Joe Bloggs builders ffs. They will be accredited professionals in their areas of expertise. Levy is a very experienced businessman and will not be taking chances. There will also be substantial insurances in place as well as huge penalty clauses. This feels like scaremongering tbh.

Scudamore demonstrating his understanding of all things football I see.

Though I would find it amusing if we played at the effeminates as the home team while Woolwich sat in the away end of their own stadium...and the fact that by the time the new WHL was built we would have 61,000 more seats than them!!

No fucking way we will never share with those Wankers. I don't understand why they would try and block our potential move to Milton Keynes for a year.

Well, that's Greavsie finally going on ignore, there's only so much bullshit my brain can take.
:pochbye:

I hadn't even put Ol' Gibbsy on ignore...:llorisunsure:

Anyway, back on topic:

New stadium, wooooooo! :freundgoal:

After one game in there the place would be in pieces. Whatever rent money we pay would be eaten up by the weekly repair costs.
Logically it makes perfect sense but it's never going to happen x

After one game in there the place would be in pieces. Whatever rent money we pay would be eaten up by the weekly repair costs.
Logically it makes perfect sense but it's never going to happen x

This... The Emirates would be in pieces by the time the season is over. I am not a violent person... But I would happily do my part and take a shit on a seat.

I don't think they would block MK. What this article suggested was that we wanted to play some matches at MK and some at Wembley. The EPL wouldn't allow this, as all clubs have to play at a single stadium. They then suggested if we weren't happy playing all matches at MK, we should consider The Death Star.
i understand his point (I completely agree with it. a club should only have one home stadium in a season except in truly exceptional circumstances).

However, (not aimed at you, AY) I will need reminding which premier league chairman was pushing for an extra game to be played overseas. and where the integrity of the competition went then.

What is likely to constitute 'it all going wrong'? Sorry Greavsie but that is just too far fetched. The companies commissioned to complete the planning and build won't be Joe Bloggs builders ffs. They will be accredited professionals in their areas of expertise. Levy is a very experienced businessman and will not be taking chances. There will also be substantial insurances in place as well as huge penalty clauses. This feels like scaremongering tbh.
Hi Dixie, I have already explained what would constitute 'it all going wrong'. I'm surprised at you not reading my posts before being critical of me. I'm used to it from many others hence no need to reply to them.

But for you I'll make an exception at explain again. It could all go wrong if we move out of the Lane, and move somewhere else that doesn't prove acceptable to the Prem, or we move somewhere acceptable (much more likely, eg Milton Keynes, but then unforeseen difficulties arise, eg the building of the new stadium doesn't get completed on time. We may be then left hostages to (ill) fortune, and once you''re in that situation, all sorts of horrors might unfold.

Some/many people criticising me on here seem to be unaware of contingency planning, which includes looking at 'catastrophe scenarios'. Any time a company is planning a massive change such as we are, has to be aware, as much as possible of what could go wrong.

In no way am I 'scare mongering', and resent that coming from you, tbh. I am looking at possible nightmare scenarios, because I worry a lot about this club I have supported and followed for so long.

Nothing in ENIC's stewardship so far is as challenging as the task they now face of getting us out of the old stadium and back safely in a new one, in a timely and secure manner.

This... The Emirates would be in pieces by the time the season is over. I am not a violent person... But I would happily do my part and take a shit on a seat.
I don't wish evil on the poor people who have to clean that toilet. Why make it even worse. Unless said shit is on a seat occupied at that moment by Wenger or something.

No fucking way we will never share with those Wankers. I don't understand why they would try and block our potential move to Milton Keynes for a year.
The Prem aren't trying to block our move to MK. They are saying we can't play Prem games there and at Wembley in the same season.

Incidentally we might be able to play Prem games at MK Dons and European/domestic Cup games at Wembley, as non-Prem games presumably fall under 'non-Prem' jurisdiction. Though doubtless the Prem will be keenly monitoring whatever alternative ground arrangements we make.

Back
Top Bottom