New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

how are everton getting a new stadium? arent they in a billion debt? surely this going on the FFP shit and will put them at an even bigger disadvantage?

I think clubs set up separate companies for the stadium & try to get financial backing from banks etc

I’ve not looked into Everton’s set up but it’s probably the same , it would be hilarious if they went down though

a loan on top of being heavily in debt already cant be good surely. even if it doesnt go on FFP its still sticking them much further in debt. surely they are going to struggle to buy players to put into this new stadium.
Yeah it's nuts. Projected cost is £500m so half of what we paid. Interest rates now are more than double we got locked into long term. And our finances are predicated on Europeans football. They could well be in the Championship next season

Last edited:
a loan on top of being heavily in debt already cant be good surely. even if it doesnt go on FFP its still sticking them much further in debt. surely they are going to struggle to buy players to put into this new stadium.
They had a rich owner when they started the project,cash wasn't an issue it was investing within ffp that was the issue. Building a stadium made sense.

The owner was funded by Russian money so now they're skint but they were already building the stadium.

Yeah it's nuts. Projected cost is £500m so half of what we paid. Interest rates now are more than double we got locked into long term. And our finances are predicated on Europeans football. They could well be in the Championship next season
exactly! how the fuck are they going to get out of this debt. they are in a terrible state as it is on and off the pitch.

When the stadium was built one of the big restrictions on the number of spectators was access to the stadium, including rail and bus transport capacities, local road/pavement size to allow safe entry/exit to fans.

It was thought at the time that the 63k stadium size was at the maximum so doubt very much if club would be allowed to have 5k extra fans unless local transport etc had significantly changed.

Spurs have lost their appeal against a new council estate being built in Tottenham.
Lendlease due to build 500+ high quality council homes. £2bn project.

Biggest regeneration project in Haringeys history. Somewhat close to the stadium and station I think.

High Road West compulsory purchase order | Haringey Council

BackgroundView the CPO documentsDescription of land and the new rightsPhase A - High Road West schemeFurther informationBackgroundIn November 2022, the council’s Cabinet agreed to use its Compulsory Purchase Order (CPO) powers to deliver Phase A of the High Road West scheme.
www.haringey.gov.uk
www.haringey.gov.uk
Public Enquiry Agenda
https://gat04-live-1517c8a4486c4160...2a0cb3d/inquiry_timetable_version_30-10ud.pdf

Public enquiry starting next week, Spurs are putting forward their objections on the issues affecting the club week after next - issues include safe entry and exit from club as they are unimpressed with Lendlease crowd modelling etc.

This CPO covers :

• Coombes Croft Public Library
  • The Love Lane Estate - comprising 297 homes across ten blocks
  • Nos 731 to 759 High Road - odd numbers only
  • A small sub-station to the south of No 731 High Road
  • 100 Whitehall Street
  • The Whitehall and Tenterden Community Centre
  • All or parts of roads including Love Lane, Whitehall Street, Moselle Street, Moselle Place, William Street, High Road and White Hart Lane
I imagine that there will be maybe 3 CPO's as total area is so large Harringey/Lendlease can only rebuild it in sections.

Spurs (or technically Tottenham Hotspur Limited) own a small part of this land held through its subsidiaries Canvax Ltd and Meldene Ltd.

Only if it’s on general sale and I don’t think that will happen this seaeon
Just a question that I do not know the answer to, How do the Tourists get their tickets? Do they all have to sign up to One hotspur. Is there a period once signed up before they can buy tickets as otherwise opposition supporters could sign up just before we play them?

Just a question that I do not know the answer to, How do the Tourists get their tickets? Do they all have to sign up to One hotspur. Is there a period once signed up before they can buy tickets as otherwise opposition supporters could sign up just before we play them?
They could become OH members, otherwise they probably buy them from unauthorised sources (AKA touts). Some overseas fan clubs also have access to some tickets I believe.

For some big matches I believe there is a period before the match when new members can't purchase tickets to prevent opposition supporters buying them.

Yes I assume they sign up

I think there’s a grace period where you can’t buy a match tick

There seem to be StubHub type sites out there selling PL match tickets. So would appear some ST holders are selling tickets on.

Have no idea if they are legit and don’t fancy wasting my money to check!

Didn’t think it was possible though. So more than likely a scam. I’m a cynical bastard though. A positive person will probably correct me and say these sites work fine.

There seem to be StubHub type sites out there selling PL match tickets. So would appear some ST holders are selling tickets on.

Have no idea if they are legit and don’t fancy wasting my money to check!

Didn’t think it was possible though. So more than likely a scam. I’m a cynical bastard though. A positive person will probably correct me and say these sites work fine.
Definitely not legit whether it’s season ticket holders on X or scummy StubHub-type resellers/touts. The only legit way to resell PL tickets is via the clubs own platforms.

Whether they are scams or not is another matter. Some will be and some won’t. Either way you wouldn’t get any sympathy from the club if it went tits up. Or from me for that matter.

Definitely not legit whether it’s season ticket holders on X or scummy StubHub-type resellers/touts. The only legit way to resell PL tickets is via the clubs own platforms.

Whether they are scams or not is another matter. Some will be and some won’t. Either way you wouldn’t get any sympathy from the club if it went tits up. Or from me for that matter.

Have seen tourists come in before with tickets that other people are already sitting in. No idea what goes on in that scenario
Stewards generally just lead them away never to return.

Back
Top Bottom