New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You would have to understand the band, to get the reason why they did this in the face of many other bands and their affiliations within the genre of music Crown Court play in.

The problem is, most people, myself included, aren't in on whatever it is you two are talking about.
So to most people, both Spurs and non-Spurs, you'd appear to be a a part of a hooligan firm.
AKA, the worst people in sport.

The problem is, most people, myself included, aren't in on whatever it is you two are talking about.
So to most people, both Spurs and non-Spurs, you'd appear to be a a part of a hooligan firm.
AKA, the worst people in sport.
i struggle getting in and out of a taxi these days mate,let alone having a scrap at football.

Don't have time to explain the Oi! scene at the moment, and have probably bored enough people with it in the past.

i struggle getting in and out of a taxi these days mate,let alone having a scrap at football.

Don't have time to explain the Oi! scene at the moment, and have probably bored enough people with it in the past.

Put it this way, given your statement that you'd struggle to get in a taxi, would you want to come across a group of rival fans who think they're hard and are out looking for a row?

I see Barcelona have a naming rights deal for it to become "The Spotify Camp Nou" from July
They won't have it written on the roof, that's for sure.

Seems if a big club wants a deal, they get it pretty quickly. Shows the times are changing, it wasn't that long ago Barcelona didn't even have a shirt sponsor. Now they have shirt sponsors, stadium names and anything else they can get money for.
It's a bit different when it's just an extension of the new shirt sponsorship deal that's been in the making for ages.

It's generally understood that packaging kit, training kit and sponsorship together brings in less money than selling them individually, but I accept that not having a naming rights deal in place at all brings in even less money

Put it this way, given your statement that you'd struggle to get in a taxi, would you want to come across a group of rival fans who think they're hard and are out looking for a row?
It wouldn't bother me. I have survived 54 years on this planet. You get similar on any high road most Saturday nights.Would I go looking for it it,no. Would I let the thought of it effect my life ,no to that as well.
And I was half joking with the taxi comment :)

happens all the time when you go to west ham

I've been to Upton park 3 or 4 times not once have I encountered trouble.
I've been to Spurs for home games against the likes of Milwall, West Ham Leeds etc and never had trouble.
I don't tend to wear club colours or identifying clothes in those kinds of matches, let alone ones that would make me look like an actual football hooligan.

If we are going to have a Sir Charles & Sir David song to come out to, surely it has to be "Aint no pleasing you".

It always, and i mean always gets people singing.

And Daniel would probably agree with the sentiment...
Great minds.
Maybe changes the lyrics to Chas and Dave's 'Wish I could write a Love song' to 'Wish I could buy a star player' and have Levy sing it at half time?

Lendlease/council planning permission decision deferred at Thursday's Planning committee despite Planning Officer recommendation after receipt of a letter from Daniel Levy (final art below) https://www.minutes.haringey.gov.uk...Mar-2022 19.00 Planning Sub Committee.pdf?T=9 :

Spurs have listed a number of substantive issues including Lendlease's last minute Crowd Control study (movement of people to and from stadium is a huge safety issue), the lack of employment space in the proposal (would lead to halving current employment) rather than increase, lack of local facilities - a library half current size, no medical centre etc - its just Lendlease wanting to build 3,000 flats ! (no private developer is usually able to build that many with minimal public facilities provided at the same time - so Levy is right to call them out. And to put things into perspective the club has already provided a school, local shop and other facilities leading to employment of some 3,000 - compared to Lendlease proposal which would allow for about 10% of that number ).

The final page of the letter to Haringey :

The Club has no choice other than to object in the strongest possible terms and the sheer volume of other objections that this application has generated is testament to the strength of local feeling.

If, like the Club and the local community, you are unhappy with the scheme or have concerns, now is the time to make that clear. This application is self-evidently rushed and not ready for consideration by the planning committee, and we are calling for it to be refused or at the very least deferred to allow proper consideration of the matters raised. We are willing, as we always have been, to work together with the Council and Lendlease as part of this process. Indeed, we have been waiting for the establishment of a Strategic Forum to enable this to happen.

This is not about finances or creating a new walkway to our stadium door. We already have our stadium and our fans have found their way to our front door quite happily. Unlike any developer, we are not here to develop, take a profit and leave – we are here for the long term. This is our home.

We fundamentally care about our neighbourhood. That’s why we have delivered new, affordable homes, schools, shops and jobs alongside our stadium and embedded our Foundation.

Our vision is that our neighbourhood is a prosperous mixed community. That if you live here, you should be able to study, work and play here.

The proposals before you on Thursday do little to uplift the lives of people living in the area. It fails those it should be helping, and I urge you to reject or at the very least defer this application.

Yours sincerely.

Daniel Levy

Lendlease/council planning permission decision deferred at Thursday's Planning committee despite Planning Officer recommendation after receipt of a letter from Daniel Levy (final art below) https://www.minutes.haringey.gov.uk/documents/b27570/Addendum 17th-Mar-2022 19.00 Planning Sub Committee.pdf?T=9 :

Spurs have listed a number of substantive issues including Lendlease's last minute Crowd Control study (movement of people to and from stadium is a huge safety issue), the lack of employment space in the proposal (would lead to halving current employment) rather than increase, lack of local facilities - a library half current size, no medical centre etc - its just Lendlease wanting to build 3,000 flats ! (no private developer is usually able to build that many with minimal public facilities provided at the same time - so Levy is right to call them out. And to put things into perspective the club has already provided a school, local shop and other facilities leading to employment of some 3,000 - compared to Lendlease proposal which would allow for about 10% of that number ).

The final page of the letter to Haringey :

The Club has no choice other than to object in the strongest possible terms and the sheer volume of other objections that this application has generated is testament to the strength of local feeling.

If, like the Club and the local community, you are unhappy with the scheme or have concerns, now is the time to make that clear. This application is self-evidently rushed and not ready for consideration by the planning committee, and we are calling for it to be refused or at the very least deferred to allow proper consideration of the matters raised. We are willing, as we always have been, to work together with the Council and Lendlease as part of this process. Indeed, we have been waiting for the establishment of a Strategic Forum to enable this to happen.

This is not about finances or creating a new walkway to our stadium door. We already have our stadium and our fans have found their way to our front door quite happily. Unlike any developer, we are not here to develop, take a profit and leave – we are here for the long term. This is our home.

We fundamentally care about our neighbourhood. That’s why we have delivered new, affordable homes, schools, shops and jobs alongside our stadium and embedded our Foundation.

Our vision is that our neighbourhood is a prosperous mixed community. That if you live here, you should be able to study, work and play here.

The proposals before you on Thursday do little to uplift the lives of people living in the area. It fails those it should be helping, and I urge you to reject or at the very least defer this application.

Yours sincerely.

Daniel Levy

What's this all about?

Who are Lemdlease, what are they proposing to build? what is their relationship to Levy?

What's this all about?

Who are Lemdlease, what are they proposing to build? what is their relationship to Levy?

Have you been in hiding for the last decade ?! This is the High Road West project, awarded by Haringey Council to Lendlease (huge development partner).

ENIC (mainly) plus Spurs in a smaller way have property interests in the High Road West development, some of which have been completed (eg Brook House flats and school) whilst it has planning permission on other parts of High Road West which Lendlease seems to have to allow and develop the rest.

However Lendlease seem to have put forward a 'maximum profit' development almost exclusively of flats with minimal social facilities. Perhaps no surprise, if you google Lendlease they have a track record.

Have you been in hiding for the last decade ?! This is the High Road West project, awarded by Haringey Council to Lendlease (huge development partner).

ENIC (mainly) plus Spurs in a smaller way have property interests in the High Road West development, some of which have been completed (eg Brook House flats and school) whilst it has planning permission on other parts of High Road West which Lendlease seems to have to allow and develop the rest.

However Lendlease seem to have put forward a 'maximum profit' development almost exclusively of flats with minimal social facilities. Perhaps no surprise, if you google Lendlease they have a track record.

I've just lost track of all this shit and who's developing what, where and how.

If Lendlease have been awarded the development contract, what power does Levy et al, have to object to it? (ie, is it just on the basis that they own adjacent property/land or are they joint developers) And how much clout do they have to influence what Lendlease do?

I've just lost track of all this shit and who's developing what, where and how.

If Lendlease have been awarded the development contract, what power does Levy et al, have to object to it? (ie, is it just on the basis that they own adjacent property/land or are they joint developers) And how much clout do they have to influence what Lendlease do?

ENIC and or Spurs own tracts of land some of which they have planning permission in place - so for Lendlease to get hold of the land they would need Haringey to start a Compulsory Purchase Order .... and not sure they could do that without valuing the land very highly (as it has planning permission).

Its a little unclear, but Lendlease seem to have acknowledged they will need to let ENIC/Spurs develop their land in accordance with planning permission.

Spurs atm seem to be drawing attention to the deficiencies in the Lendlease planning application (on multiple grounds) as a 'locally affected neighbour' and seemingly Haringey's legally binding agreements given to ensure Spurs built its stadium regarding the High Road West area. And a number of locals seem to be pleased that they can piggyback on Spurs to get much more public facilities than Lendlease are promising ........so council are not in a great place atm.

If ENIC & Spurs are compelled to meet a certain quota of social regeneration then damn right some random property developer who otherwise has no stake in the area should be made to do the same.

Back
Top Bottom