New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Looking at the booklet in a little more detail, the plan seems to include The Goods Yard and B & M Site - the former being the site that Spurs took Haringey Council to court as they refused to consider the planning application - Court judgement was that Haringey failed on all counts (a 6 - 0 loss if I recall correctly) and awarded planning permission to Spurs.

Not sure where this ends up. Another court battle unless Haringey offer to buy the sites at a value which reflects the sites having a planning gain.

Maybe Rocket Rocket will need to wait for his coffee a little longer
I make the same mistake as well sometimes...

Bizarre that Haringey can put forward plans for land they do not own, and have been forced by a court to grant planning permission.

Sounds almost fraudulent !
I believe anyone can apply for planning permission on land they don’t own. Not sure why you would do it though. Surely if it gets granted it just doubles the value of the land?

I believe anyone can apply for planning permission on land they don’t own. Not sure why you would do it though. Surely if it gets granted it just doubles the value of the land?

Spurs already have planning permission on both The Goods Yard and B & M Site so value wouldn't be increased materially if Haringey granted itself planning permission (or a Haringey/Lendlease JV).

Agree anyone can apply for planning permission on land they don't own.... but in practice it would mean the applicant had a plan or agreement to acquire the land ? Otherwise why apply for planning permission.

Costa from Bruce Grove or Edmonton green it is then. Even better if some hipsters could open up a place.
Thats my dream.
An artisan ethically sourced sustainable 5 quid a cup coffee shop,ran by two blokes called Jools and Ollie ,with visible chest hair and man buns. Loads of pictures on the walls of ex spurs players that they couldn't name if their skinny jeans and man bags depended on it.

Modern football..Love it!!

Last edited:
The aviation industry is absolutely fucked at the moment. Having to beg off governments and banks to lend them money to keep them from going bust.
I’m sure the workers at British airways who have been made redundant or forced to accept shit contracts will be thrilled about this news.

I can’t see it being legit.
I guess it depends on how long the deal is. If it is a longer deal it would be smaller payments.

But it is a good point that I was not up to date on. But it wouldn't be the first time that a big company did something like this.

Thats my dream.
An artisan ethically sourced sustainable 5 quid a cup coffee shop,ran by two blokes called Jools and Ollie ,with visible chest hair and man buns. Loads of pictures on the walls of ex spurs players that they couldn't name if their skinny jeans and man bags depended on it.

Modern football..Love it!!

Forgot you were still my Facebook friend.

High Road West scheme has been resurrected - now back to consultation stage (last time was before work on the stadium site started !).

Residents on Love Lane vote scheduled for June 2021 - these are the ones rehoused on a 'temporary basis' after the original residents were re-housed, mainly in the Spurs built Brook House scheme, after which Love Lane was due to be knocked down.

Completion of High Road West now scheduled to be completed in 2032. Was originally due to be completed at about the same time as the stadium ! Delay solely due to council failing to proceed after re-housing all the Love Lane tenants into the Brook House development - which Spurs built specifically to help Haringey re-house the tenants.

The council are utter cunts. The only reason it is going ahead at all is because the contract was signed with lendlease before the current council was formed. Now it’s run by Momentum nut jobs who don’t believe in any private sector development partnerships so any future development in the area won’t happen under their watch. They don’t want the area to improve. They want it to continue to stagnate.

Those 3 own half the world anyway i don't think sponsoring a stadium in North London is going to do a lot for them.

BA would get more (air)mileage out of it...:levylol:
When the stadium was being finalized there was a model of it that was sent to Google's London offices with the Google logo on the side that made the rounds on social media.

We have definitely courted at least Google about the naming rights. But obviously that hasn't happened.

When the stadium was being finalized there was a model of it that was sent to Google's London offices with the Google logo on the side that made the rounds on social media.

We have definitely courted at least Google about the naming rights. But obviously that hasn't happened.
Google, Nike or Amazon would have been the big catch.

We’re more likely to get Uncle Jim’s Fish & Chips.

'Google' is quite literally a verb in several languages...safe to say the financial benefit to them of naming rights is basically zero.

Back
Top Bottom