New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Loving some of the photos on twitter.

Literally cannot wait for Wednesday night.

Anybody who isn’t Spurs just can’t understand how emotionally involved we are with this football club and going home.

Was listening to the pod earlier and realised there is a high chance I will well up with tears as I walk up the stairs to my seat.

First time I ever did that walk was with my mum there - wooden seats in the old Paxton. I can still picture it now.
Knowing she’s gone but for the first time in years I’m back in the Paxton, but with my nephew who loves Spurs, it’s going to be a very very special moment in my life.

Fucking #COYS

Enjoy it. I’ve had man tears at both the test events.

It’s just awe inspiring. Forget any pictures you’ve seen, they don’t do it justice.

So, if my calculations are correct.

If it averages out that everybody spends £10 at a game on catering, that equals. (Going on a 60,000 attendence)

10 x 60,000 = 600,000

600,000 x 18 = 10,800,000

So, on League games only, that's nearly £11m a year extra revenue a season.
You forgot to deduct the actual price it costs to make each pie...should take about £100 off that total...

So, if my calculations are correct.

If it averages out that everybody spends £10 at a game on catering, that equals. (Going on a 60,000 attendence)

10 x 60,000 = 600,000

600,000 x 18 = 10,800,000

So, on League games only, that's nearly £11m a year extra revenue a season.

Seems about right to me, financials are obviously sensitive so no details were given to me, would be interesting to hear how much the FC posters who have been spent inside the ground ....

Seems about right to me, financials are obviously sensitive so no details were given to me, would be interesting to hear how much the FC posters who have been spent inside the ground ....

I spent £28 in the stadium yesterday, and didn’t stay after as I was driving.

Would spend more if I was able to drink.

Last edited:
It was pretty plain to see that the local pubs are going to be affected by the price of drinks in the stadium. Stay at Bell & Hare with shit music blaring out and pay £5.50 for a Stella, or head to the Taproom for £5 a neck oil? No brainer.

Bell & Hare emptied out about an hour and a half before kick off. I remember it being rammed until about 20 mins before KO.

I got to The Bell and Hare (I don't use the other name) around 14.45. £5.50 for a pint of Strongbow! Being in the beer garden (car park) really did feel like being home though and reminded me of old times and good memories.

Couple of pints and headed straight in to the ground around d 15.30ish.

As we knew the South Stand/Goal line Bar would be mobbed and we were meeting a few people we went to the Dispensary. Apart from half the stewards we asked giving us wrong directions (all very smiley and polite though) we eventually found it via the strairs. That was a slog and at one point I thought I was going to need oxygen.

We got our pie and pint for a £5 deal (Spurs pie and a 330m bottle of Magners) at the Tap Room(?) after a couple of mins of the staff working out how to apply the discount.

The Dispensary itself was not too busy and also had some teething issues with very slow pouring pints but we were getting served promptly right up to 17.00pm

It was busy but not ridiculously so. If I can find the lift next time I would use it again.

Met up with my the fella I sit with at matches, also had my brother in law with us, met up with an old friend and also CSWY (again) and An Aussie Yid In London. Nice fellas and a pleasure to drink with.

I think getting home is going to be the hard part of the match day experience.

I think post match Wed could be carnage. I might leave on 75 mins ;-)

Yeah I’m seriously considering walking to Finsbury Park if it’s too mental. Just wait and see I guess. Gets my steps up for the day I suppose.

I’m guessing not that many people will hang around in the actual stadium on a weekday game.

Yeah I’m seriously considering walking to Finsbury Park if it’s too mental. Just wait and see I guess. Gets my steps up for the day I suppose.

I’m guessing not that many people will hang around in the actual stadium on a weekday game.

Manor House would probably be OK? Bit closer than FP

Got in the ground at around 4.15 yesterday through the South Stand and it was rammed, they cordoned off The Marketplace which looked pretty damn full. The problem was stewards would not let anyone enter the East or West entrances on the upper levels so there was no way to access the other main bars/food areas so we stood in a long queue on level 3 of the South just to get a pint and some fish and chips. They seemed to have run out of Neck Oil at all the small Tap Inn's so we settled for an Amstel. Not the best first impression but hopefully just teething problem. The Marketplace is clearly a big attraction if it's your first game so I can see this maybe dying down by next season with punters using their local outlets such as the dispensary.

Ended up going down stairs at around the 30 minute mark just so I could have a quick look around and managed to go have a look at the West Stand. Half-time was actually much better, managed to get a pint of Neck Oil at the Goal Line Bar which had short queues but the service was slow, they really need to pre-pour some pints especially when they are top filled which is a bit slower. Found a seat in the Beavertown section then headed up for the second half.

Did anyone drive? How was parking? I was thinking about driving down to Wood Green for future games and catch the shuttle bus which I hear had no queues at all (might be a well kept secret for now). The thing is even Wood Green has strict parking rules so not sure where I could leave the car without getting a ticket.

Also was it just me or were the electronic advertising boards really bright? It felt like someone turned on the bloody sun when the white AIA strip came on, bright white light right in my face, the East and West middle tier have two strips which make the aesthetic look a bit too busy compared to South and North which look nice and tidy. As for the atmosphere South Lower was nice and loud, everyone stood and it was really nice to have rail to lean on, did not see any stewards trying to make people sit either which is a big plus, anyone that can't stand for too long should avoid that section if they can.

I walked from Turnpike Lane only took 30 minutes. On the way I walked past the Antwerp Arms about 4pm, this is normally rammed but it looked half empty.
I think it will eventually settle back down once the novelty factor wears off a bit.
How the transport copes with the extra numbers is the real test, personally I think it will be a real struggle Wednesday night.

Got in the ground at around 4.15 yesterday through the South Stand and it was rammed, they cordoned off The Marketplace which looked pretty damn full. The problem was stewards would not let anyone enter the East or West entrances on the upper levels so there was no way to access the other main bars/food areas so we stood in a long queue on level 3 of the South just to get a pint and some fish and chips. They seemed to have run out of Neck Oil at all the small Tap Inn's so we settled for an Amstel. Not the best first impression but hopefully just teething problem. The Marketplace is clearly a big attraction if it's your first game so I can see this maybe dying down by next season with punters using their local outlets such as the dispensary.

Ended up going down stairs at around the 30 minute mark just so I could have a quick look around and managed to go have a look at the West Stand. Half-time was actually much better, managed to get a pint of Neck Oil at the Goal Line Bar which had short queues but the service was slow, they really need to pre-pour some pints especially when they are top filled which is a bit slower. Found a seat in the Beavertown section then headed up for the second half.

Did anyone drive? How was parking? I was thinking about driving down to Wood Green for future games and catch the shuttle bus which I hear had no queues at all (might be a well kept secret for now). The thing is even Wood Green has strict parking rules so not sure where I could leave the car without getting a ticket.

Also was it just me or were the electronic advertising boards really bright? It felt like someone turned on the bloody sun when the white AIA strip came on, bright white light right in my face, the East and West middle tier have two strips which make the aesthetic look a bit too busy compared to South and North which look nice and tidy. As for the atmosphere South Lower was nice and loud, everyone stood and it was really nice to have rail to lean on, did not see any stewards trying to make people sit either which is a big plus, anyone that can't stand for too long should avoid that section if they can.

Yeah that white advertising is way too bright. So distracting!!

Bit more feedback following a very early vendors conference call this morning: The take up on food and drink has been mind-blowing, to say that the come early - stay late strategy is working would be the understatement of the year.

To put this in perspective, Levy UK were in full arse covering mode this morning, they explained how they used all the old WHL data, and also all of the Spurs Wembley data, to predict sales volumes. And lets be fair Levy UK are no mugs in the catering world they do Chelsea, Leicester, O2, Wimbledon, Twickenham, etc. they know there stuff ... at least they thought they did.

In conjunction with the club, estimates on food and drink sales for a 62,000 EPL crowd had been discussed and agreed. Beer's best before date is not that much of an issue so that shouldn't run out, storage may well need to be expanded and that is possible, however perishable food won't last for two weeks between games, so order levels need to be close. How did that work out?

For the first test event with 29,000 planned they had the full 62,000 stock levels in place, they did this knowing that the legends game was just six days later so any left over food would keep. Shouldn't have worried they sold-out in nearly all the outlets that opened for that initial test game, it was their first lesson on Spurs fans capacity to eat and drink ... so for yesterday's test they increased stock levels to almost double the amount they had sold to 29,000 people ... so double the stock sold to 29,000 people to cater for 45,000 that should have been OK? it wasn't even close ... It seems give Spurs fans more and provided you keep them happy they will just eat and drink more.

So again yesterday the busy bars all sold out of several items as did many food outlets, the feedback this morning said that even though sales were nearly three times the anticipated amount for a 62,000 crowd and remember it was a good 15,000 less than that, with more stock available and better quality of service sales would have been considerably higher ...

Not only is this great news for the 'we're home feeling good factor' it's also going to be a huge money spinner for the club ... and Levy UK

On a more realistic note there were a lot of problems highlighted from yesterday, crowd movement, equipment issues, communication, lack off staff, all these areas suffered ... shouldn't impact our licence and should all be fixed in due course, realistically though there will be lessons learned for a few more games yet ... but the feedback so far was it's just feckin' fantastic

Levy UK committed to getting stock levels right and improving service levels, the club noted the universal positives the catering was receiving in the media, and expressed their thanks and full support to Levy UK to ensure this level continued.

A question was raised about the trade in local pubs and cafes ... anyone got any feedback on that?

FYI - My lad's team chaired the meeting hence the abundance of info
Serious feedback for you lad if he’s on Levy UK team.... if you’re going to sell me something called a Malaysian Chicken Curry, you’d better do just that... thick curry with chicken and potatoes served with a roti bread.

What they’re serving at the moment is nothing close to Malaysian, it’s Thai... and pretty bland too. If people want bland they’ll go fish and chips or pizza. Put some flavour in it for people that want it.

Serious feedback for you lad if he’s on Levy UK team.... if you’re going to sell me something called a Malaysian Chicken Curry, you’d better do just that... thick curry with chicken and potatoes served with a roti bread.

What they’re serving at the moment is nothing close to Malaysian, it’s Thai... and pretty bland too. If people want bland they’ll go fish and chips or pizza. Put some flavour in it for people that want it.

Don’t diss the fish mate. I had it yesterday and it was top notch lol

Have you tried the free shuttle bus to wood green/alexandra palace?

Problem is from there still have to get to Finsbury Park or kings x.

I’m going to walk to seven sisters and judge it from there. If there’s crazy queues like Wembley I will just keep walking. Or jump on a bus if traffic is moving.

Might drive for the City game. Would probably use those shuttle buses then.

Can’t wait to go, I think the atmosphere will be even louder than WHL, Is that even possible!!

Our atmosphere is what has always made us special and I’m glad they didn’t get that wrong.

Wednesday night is going to magic

Back
Top Bottom