New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

:dierno:
charlie_dimmock_4.jpg
RLP_MDG_101017DIMMOCK_5561JPG.jpg

What exactly is this safety system. If it's fixed why not just open as originally planned. I mean surely we can all wait for the cheese room...can't we?
I don’t know, but I’m assuming whatever caused the delay has not been corrected because if it had been we’d be playing there already.

I don’t know, but I’m assuming whatever caused the delay has not been corrected because if it had been we’d be playing there already.
No I think, and what I have been told by a spark who used to work for the company who has the contract. .. . . . . Yeah I know, a bloke of a mate, of a pal of mine. Etc etc

Anyway, in simple terms to correct all the work on the safety system, strip it out etc that delayed the ability to complete the project within the project timescales. And, in general the project wa behind schedule as it was.

Now if Nick Knowles had of Ben called in with Handy Andy and Charlie Dimmmick, it would all of have finished by Xmas eve

What the fuck happened . .. ..

My dreams are shattered. Looks likes she's eaten one of the other gardeners whole.

Actually come to think of it, anyone seen Alan Titchmarsh?
:ap:
She has had way to much pleasure at the fairground.

It looks like her body has somehow eaten her bacon hangers, serious x-files shit going on here, where is Mulder and Scully when you need them?

Could not get 50000 for recent premiership matches at wembley. How if first team not playing will 50000 go to a test event? I can see 30000 going to the first event but would those same people + 20000 more go to a second event without first team players??

If it means that we have to be 50k attending to get the stadium open, I would bring my aunt, uncle, my uncles lover, my aunts pool guy, my mom, my dad. Not my wife. I want this to be fun. And I wouldn't care what was going on on the pitch. I wanna go home....

We 100% would get 50k at a test event. What is there, about 40k season ticket holders? Considering we had 6,000 turn up just to buy some beers and food, which I reckon was a result of about 18,000 applications (judging from the ratio of how many people weren't successful). Open that up to non-season ticket holders and we'd easily get 50k. They'll most probably have to turn some people away. I imagine there will even be non-Spurs fans keen to see the stadium (SSC bods).

just a thought on getting bodies in for the test event, I received a voucher to go on a stadium tour for Christmas that has no date for when they start, perhaps they will use these to invite people to also attend the test events if they haven't got enough people to make the numbers up

The point is going to come very soon where it just has to be knocked on the head until next season IMO.
No sign yet of further test events (we were always told a month's notice on these I think?) - presumably they have to be completed successfully before anything can be announced, and reasonable to expect a month's notice again. We'll end up looking at the final handful of games at very best. If we're challenging in April / May for anything it could even become a distraction.

The point is going to come very soon where it just has to be knocked on the head until next season IMO.
No sign yet of further test events (we were always told a month's notice on these I think?) - presumably they have to be completed successfully before anything can be announced, and reasonable to expect a month's notice again. We'll end up looking at the final handful of games at very best. If we're challenging in April / May for anything it could even become a distraction.

We certainly need an update asap.

We will know next week I think, or at least the promise of an update week commencing 7th Jan is slated.

I'm with Poch on this and the second it's ready we should move in, don't wait for a 'big game' if it happens to be Dagenham & Redbridge in the FA Cup then go for it. If it's for the last two games of the season same. I know the fans will be far more excited, upbeat and actually there in attendance than if it was Wembley.

I see the half-empty Wembley stadium and shite atmosphere as a consequence a bigger threat to our season than not signing a player.

Could you have the test events close together, say 2 or 3 days apart ?
Also how much notice is needed for other teams ?
It's unlikely the test events can be that close, but I suppose it isn't impossible. My estimation was based on the last set of scheduled test events that didn't happen, which were about a week. That said, it needs a couple of weeks to arrange the ballot and get the tickets out if requited. I would imagine that the Prem, police, and opposing team will require about 4 weeks notice. Last time around we scheduled in the Liverpool game on the presumption we would get a safety certificate. If we were to do the same thing this time there would be no reason why we couldn't get in by the end of January/early February, however the club have made it known they will not schedule a game until we have a safety certificate. It's my guess the prem insisted on this. My advice would be to expect March, and if it is earlier, look at it as a bonus

We will know next week I think, or at least the promise of an update week commencing 7th Jan is slated.

I'm with Poch on this and the second it's ready we should move in, don't wait for a 'big game' if it happens to be Dagenham & Redbridge in the FA Cup then go for it. If it's for the last two games of the season same. I know the fans will be far more excited, upbeat and actually there in attendance than if it was Wembley.

I see the half-empty Wembley stadium and shite atmosphere as a consequence a bigger threat to our season than not signing a player.

It is costing us a fortune playing at Wembley. I suspect Levy really doesn't care who it is. What I will say though, if the first game is an early kick off, it will be a bonkers decision

I agree but think the chance of it being an FA Cup first up are small given the time you get between the rounds. And looking at the league matches we are probably talking 5 games, tops. Not sure they would dare to open against Woolwich either?

Also I really hope our "support" can turn up in north London when we have crucial games at Wembley. I see so much criticism of the atmosphere, typically from people who have stopped going. I know the atmosphere is poor but it seems some people think that tourists are getting priority and are to blame. They are merely filling the void from our lack of support.

Back
Top Bottom