New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Apparently there never was a cheese room...all those cheese puns have been for naught...
th

Depends what you want. I couldn't give a fuck about a cheese room or a 8k seat with buffet that I would never be able to afford. It used to be about football, steep stands with plenty fans.

The Camp Nou wouldn't be acceptable as an EPL ground ... it fails several of the requirements ... to be fair it's now over 60 years old and hasn't had much of an upgrade in years ...

The planned changes first discussed in 2005 and finally signed off in 2015 will bring it up to standard, problem for Barca is the 450m budget is just laughable ... it will cost way more than that and unlike previous cash injections they won't be able to just use some scam with the local government ... or maybe they still will ....

I couldn’t give Edam about a cheese room.

This delay is driving me crackers, though.

Just kidding. It’s ready when it’s ready. Our new stadium will be like a cathedral city.

Seriously? you think this news is being buried .... you don't think it's on every media, newspaper, blog, social site and football forum within seconds of being announced .... this is the 21st century not the 1950's ....

DL has made it very clear ... "What I don’t want to do is set any firm dates until we have finally achieved a safety certificate"

Just what else is the club supposed to say?
He's talking about the timing. Nothing wrong with what he said, but I doubt they learned that over night, while he was in Barcelona. It would've been draughted already, with the hope of being able to put it out when everyone was buzzing about getting to the CL knockout stages

He's talking about the timing. Nothing wrong with what he said, but I doubt they learned that over night, while he was in Barcelona. It would've been draughted already, with the hope of being able to put it out when everyone was buzzing about getting to the CL knockout stages

I do get the point, but as I said you can't 'bury' news in the modern media age ... every single Spurs fan was buzzing after Tuesday, but every single Spurs fan come Wednesday knew the Stadium update ... there is no hiding the facts, and to think that's what was attempted? that's just conspiracy theory times ten .....

The club cannot tell us what they don't know, and they don't yet know when they will get a licence, all they can do is tell us what can't be done ... and that's exactly what they did

The stadium is going to be great, it's also going to be late, there's nothing anyone can do ....

I do get the point, but as I said you can't 'bury' news in the modern media age ... every single Spurs fan was buzzing after Tuesday, but every single Spurs fan come Wednesday knew the Stadium update ... there is no hiding the facts, and to think that's what was attempted? that's just conspiracy theory times ten .....
I get where you're coming from, and I think 'bury' is the wrong term. People will go a lot easier on them if they're happy, rather than if it was announced off the back if a 8-0 thrashing, with Kane, Eriksen and Vertonghen picking up injuries that put them out for the season. There's good and bad times to put out news that's not going to be popular.

The Camp Nou wouldn't be acceptable as an EPL ground ... it fails several of the requirements ... to be fair it's now over 60 years old and hasn't had much of an upgrade in years ...

The planned changes first discussed in 2005 and finally signed off in 2015 will bring it up to standard, problem for Barca is the 450m budget is just laughable ... it will cost way more than that and unlike previous cash injections they won't be able to just use some scam with the local government ... or maybe they still will ....

Also, I just want to point out that Spanish fans' expectations of their stadiums are different. A can of beer and a bag of sunflower seeds is all they want at a match so a bare-bones stadium is all they really need.

The moral of the story here is stop believing “my mate John who is a brickie spoke to a leccy who knows the guy delivering the fridges for the bars and he said we should be in for the game against FC Flying Pigs”.

Just wait til Spurs tell you it’s done.

That way you won’t be disappointed.

Back
Top Bottom