New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ah well, being so homophobic you kill gay people and so sexist you have a legal system that says women's evidence isn't reliable and don't allow them any agency seperate from their husbands, is all okay as long as it's accompanied with a nice dress code and you give some money to charity. Makes sense :)
Like i said, misapplied and distorted, both in government and publicity.

Wow. This thread used to be a safe space away from cunt offs. Now it’s the hub of it.

FWIW a deal with the Qataris would not be great. Not a pleasant regime and galaxies away from the culture and ethos of our club. Would at least guarantee we still refer to it as WHL.

Just to put something straight there, Qatar is not an Islamic country. It's an autocratic regime, that pick and chooses Islamic laws and is inconsistent in how it applies them. It ruins the reputation for true Islamic countries.
Also, don't let Shari'ah law be a byword for anti LGBT anti women policies by itself, it's an overall code including food, tax, charity, marriage etc. If you don't like the other stuff like dress code, well it's cultural difference. As for the penal code, well see above re. Misapplication and unfair trial system

I appreciate the correction and context. I would say I did not mention Islam. Nor did I say Shari'ah was a byword for any behaviours. What I was specific about was the behaviour of the government in power in Qatar. That said Qatar’s state religion is Islam under Salafi methodology, which i’d say is difficult to appreciate within the context of western society and belief systems.

Perhaps too complex a debate and too political for a football forum.

Wow. This thread used to be a safe space away from cunt offs. Now it’s the hub of it.

FWIW a deal with the Qataris would not be great. Not a pleasant regime and galaxies away from the culture and ethos of our club. Would at least guarantee we still refer to it as WHL.
There are geezers round here who are even getting sick of time lapse pictures ...

I don't doubt this in any way but I've never seen any of these surveys that also keep getting mentioned.

A genuine interest in this issue has taken me on a ( very dry ) trawl of statistics via the internet. A dangerous place and at no point in my research did that pop up of Local milfs wanting me arrive to ease my statistical “joy”

So in the UK there are 4.4 Jewish people per every 1000 people. Around 0.45%

So applying that math to our old stadium attendance about 160 people per 36,000 are going to be (on average) Jewish.

However, that figure won’t be accounting to London averages. National census data (2011) recorded 269,568 Jewish people living in the UK and the estimate is that 2/3 of those live in London. So there are (roughly) 179,712 Jewish People living in London.

London’ population is 8.78 million (2016 data 2011 Census data said 8.2million) so around 2 % of London’s population is Jewish. To give some balance London’s Pakistani community is estimated to be 2.7%

Conclusion, aside from the fact I clearly need to go to bed earlier, is that we can’t realistically be a “Jewish” club unless we are disproportionately representing the influence of a small, but important, minority of the country. There simply is not the number of people actually around now or historically to make the club a “Jewish” club. Not that I am even sure I know what a Jewish club would really mean / be.

Further conclusion is that it really does not ( thankfully ) matter much either way, as long as we all agree we love Spurs and hate Woolwich that’s the most important thing. All cultures and people are welcome to our Spurs community (with some exceptions on moral grounds likely to apply ) and that’s how it should be, hell we even allow 4,000 odd weirdos from Woolwich to come once a year !

Last edited:
edB50UN.png

no filter....

A club known for its Jewish connections is not going to attract a Muslim sponsor. That is not a racist remark as I am neither but a pragmatic response.

Hugo Boss is a Club partner, he was Hitler's tailor and made all the uniforms for the SS. It's what enabled the company to what it is today.

Muslim people outside the Middle East will generally do business with Jewish suppliers and customers - it's just business. Because on the basis of religion, there is no conflict between Muslims and Jews. (the Israel thing is another, political matter).

As for Hugo Boss' origins, well that seems to have gone into old history since there are Hugo Boss stores in Tel Aviv. If Israelis themselves have let that go, no point in European companies holding on to it.

Off Topic.
Ben Sherman use to make the shirts for the British Army,and the post office.
Not sure if they still do
Yep, Aquascutum's materials were worn in the Crimean War + both World Wars. Barbour provided jackets for Officers of the submarines, Crockett & Jones made over a million pairs of boots in both world wars. List no doubt goes on and on. Wars can be a real money spinner for some manufacturers that's for sure.

As for Hugo Boss' origins, well that seems to have gone into old history since there are Hugo Boss stores in Tel Aviv. If Israelis themselves have let that go, no point in European companies holding on to it.

A lot I think should be left to an individual choice. I posted in here a few months ago about the many German companies that are still around to this day that basically owe their existence to the 2nd World War. A couple credited with the invention, design, manufacture and installation of the gas chambers. I didn't know much about this at the time and it took my team in Germany to educate me. I no longer buy Hugo Boss, I've chosen not to buy any of the products associated with companies who had involvement in the gas chambers. It's just my choice, I don't look down on people who do buy their products.

I no doubt buy other products from other companies that have had their share of mass murder in their past, I am simply either ignorant to their history or shrug my shoulders and say they are British or some such. Am I a Hypocrite? Yeah most certainly. Either way, it's still a personal choice that won't change how the world turns.

Back
Top Bottom