New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Qc27xd5.jpg

What you do is devalue it from day one. You will never recover that ground if you under-sell it.

FYIW: This is what The Times wrote about it:
Tottenham Hotspur’s decision to announce that their redeveloped ground will begin life as the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium when it opens next month follows the collapse of negotiations with HSBC over a naming-rights deal. Mark Tucker, the HSBC chairman, had expressed interest in the bank becoming a naming-rights partner at the new stadium, but it was unable to agree a figure with the club’s chairman, Daniel Levy.

The pair have previously done business together, as Tucker was chief executive at the AIA Group when the Asian insurance group became Tottenham’s shirt sponsor in 2013, a partnership that has since been extended until 2022. Despite Tucker’s enthusiasm for the project, others at HSBC felt that the bank’s brand was more suitable to its existing sponsorship arrangements in rugby union and golf, rather than football.

So, their Chairman wanted it to happen and the Directors didn't because they feel Rugger and Golf is their demographic. Basically absolutely nothing to do with it being over money. It's to do with brand association.
DOH!
It’s not just footie
It’s NFL, music concerts, boxing, e sports, cheese tasting, wall climbing, abseiling etc

I absolutely love Cliff Jones... one of my favourite players who I never saw play!

His exuberance and genuine love for the club makes me admire his achievements all the more.

Those two pics 'then & now' of him looking at the White Hart Lane pitch have somehow created a minor dustcloud in my house... 'cos there's definitely SOMETHING in my eye!

Back
Top Bottom