New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We need to get used to performing on a bigger pitch, not to mention most of our away games are/were played on bigger pitches than WHL, think this is a bit of a non-story.

Sounds like a load of bollocks to me.

We won't be able to emulate the dimensions of WHL at the new ground either so I'd see no point in doing it at Wembley.

Doubt we made a request to make it smaller as Wembley is closer in dimensions to our new pitch

You have to wait until the very end of the video for the reference of New White Hart Lane, but following on from a few announcements at the time of launching the Premium Seating stuff we mentioned that we were looking to capture the e-sports market. I guess that is also why we have been pushing the "most technologically advanced stadium" tag around for a while now, and how/why that's being pushed.

Here's a link to the full article

eSports, what a load of utter fucking quim

Again, so you'd have a kerb - unless the sliding pitch is also wafer thin (which it won't be, it'll probably be a foot or so)

Not really.

Look at the picture - the NFL field is more narrow than a football field and has some sort of white cover/coaches dugout where the "kerb" would be.

up to 50,000 crowds. no chance! Will all be watching from their bedrooms. Or am I old and out of touch :pochshock:

You're old and out of touch.

The biggest arena attendance was 45,000 in 2014 while there was 27 million people watching it online.

Not sure if that's been beaten since then, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Paxton truss being lowered to ground.

9ZaYGTi.png

You're old and out of touch.

The biggest arena attendance was 45,000 in 2014 while there was 27 million people watching it online.

Not sure if that's been beaten since then, but it wouldn't surprise me.

26.9 million of whom were sending each other frantic messages on fan forums asking for a working stream that doesn't bombard you with opportunities to meet delightful Russian ladies....

E-sports are fun, you old grumps.
To play yes. I enjoy leisure time with a good game of Halo. To gather in a stadium and watch as others play it should qualify as a social disorder. Football when played with skill and guile is a beautiful athletic competition with elements of symphony. Gaming is a time absorption device with a bit of mental stimulation.

Back
Top Bottom