New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hello people,

I hope you can help me on this forum. I am from Holland and i make a command about building the new Spurs stadium. I am doing this for my Real Estate education. I have found the most things on the internet, but couldn't find everything. It would be really nice if someone could answer a couple questions.

1. Are the people in the district happy with the new stadium? or made some people objections?
2. How is it for the local entrepeneurs? Do they have to close their store because there are coming stores and a hotel around the stadium? Or do they think there are more costumers when the building is finished.
3. What do you think of the extreme sports that come to the new stadium? And what do you think about the American Football 2 times a year in your stadium?
4. Do you think that the idea of Daniel Levy is gonna work? The idea of creating a community where everybody can spend their free time. Is that idea good for your neighbourhood?

I hope someone can answer my questions.
ps. sorry for the bad English.

Kind Regards,
Harm

1. There were some objections from local residents and businesses. a number of buildings have been demolished that local (and not local) people have claimed are heritage buildings. One had been kept in the new designs. As for businesses, many were relocated to make way for the new ground. One company, Archeay Steel, dig their heels in and it want to the very highest courts to get them to move. It's worth looking that story up but PM me if you want a hand.

2. Well, I don't think it will make too much of a difference in the long term. The stadium itself is being linked in to a wider rehabilitation project in Tottenham after the riots in 2011. That might see the area change. In the short term there are many pubs and bars local to the stadium that are kept going due to match day income. When the club relocates for a year to complete their build, they may go out of business. Many of these pubs and bars are full on match days, so doubling the stadium capacity would have little affect on their business as there is more demand then supply.

3. American Football twice a year is fine, but don't think that's all it will be. Our chairman has ensured that the stadium is built to host NFL teams and matches. He doesn't want two games a year at the ground, but a whole London NFL franchise. It will happen sooner or later and when it does Tottenham will be the franchises home stadium.

4. Firstly, the idea that it's the neighbourhood of many spurs fans is false. Most Spurs fans live miles from be area and only go there in March days. The area itself is one of the worst on London both socially and economically. The club hope that the new stadium can lead the way in a new wave of investment into the area and have been involved in charitable community schemes and intend to build a new block of flats in the area too. Basically, the area needs all the help it can get and THFC have offered a lot.

Hope that helps
Sorry for not knowing any Dutch

jaD8vzK.jpg

I want a Saturday job with Keltbray

I want a Saturday job with Keltbray
Don't think you've thought that through fella.
Apart from the West Ham fixture which is live on the box anyway. The next Saturday kick off at WHL is on the 3rd of December.
Unless you are going to nick the machine and take it on a nationwide tour of "improving away opposition grounds".
Apart from that, I'm with yah.
:levyeyes:

Hello people,

I hope you can help me on this forum. I am from Holland and i make a command about building the new Spurs stadium. I am doing this for my Real Estate education. I have found the most things on the internet, but couldn't find everything. It would be really nice if someone could answer a couple questions.

1. Are the people in the district happy with the new stadium? or made some people objections?
2. How is it for the local entrepeneurs? Do they have to close their store because there are coming stores and a hotel around the stadium? Or do they think there are more costumers when the building is finished.
3. What do you think of the extreme sports that come to the new stadium? And what do you think about the American Football 2 times a year in your stadium?
4. Do you think that the idea of Daniel Levy is gonna work? The idea of creating a community where everybody can spend their free time. Is that idea good for your neighbourhood?

I hope someone can answer my questions.
ps. sorry for the bad English.

Kind Regards,
Harm
Dutch Harm sounds like a strain of skunk weed.

Don't think you've thought that through fella.
Apart from the West Ham fixture which is live on the box anyway. The next Saturday kick off at WHL is on the 3rd of December.
Unless you are going to nick the machine and take it on a nationwide tour of "improving away opposition grounds".
Apart from that, I'm with yah.
:levyeyes:

Leicester is on Saturday, 3pm. we've only got 3 games before the 3rd December at home, 2 being Saturdays.

Leicester is on Saturday, 3pm. we've only got 3 games before the 3rd December at home, 2 being Saturdays.
I bow to your superior and current knowledge. My post was based on "Future fixture changes". Don't quote me, but I have been advised that the Leicester game will be moved. That's what I based my post on. Before anyone asks, no I can't divulge info. Circles, and all that.
Thanks for the correction Buck.
:pochbye:

I bow to your superior and current knowledge. My post was based on "Future fixture changes". Don't quote me, but I have been advised that the Leicester game will be moved. That's what I based my post on. Before anyone asks, no I can't divulge info. Circles, and all that.
Thanks for the correction Buck.
:pochbye:
Fuck that ITK.

Never really looked at how long stadium builds happen, but this seems to be going up very quickly.

Trying to remember how long it took to construct the Deathstar and Library was unaffected due to the relocation to Ashburton.

Never really looked at how long stadium builds happen, but this seems to be going up very quickly.

Trying to remember how long it took to construct the Deathstar and Library was unaffected due to the relocation to Ashburton.

People who have entirely too much time on their hands tell me that this particular portion of the stadium build is one of the quicker portions. Apparently the two thirds of the new stadium that are not in the footprint of the current WHL will be as tall as WHL if not taller by the turn of the year. The vertical portion is easy the fit out takes longer.

If they move the Leicester game to Sunday for a triple header I'm gonna go mad. going NFL on Sunday and planned for my old man to stay with me so we can go the game on Saturday and NFL sunday. There should be rules that you can't change it after initial tv games announced. Getting sick of this

If they move the Leicester game to Sunday for a triple header I'm gonna go mad. going NFL on Sunday and planned for my old man to stay with me so we can go the game on Saturday and NFL sunday. There should be rules that you can't change it after initial tv games announced. Getting sick of this
Don't see why they would move it. 5 of the 10 matches over that weekend have already been picked for TV. You heard rumours or something?

just someone on the previous page saying they'd heard it might get moved. I remember Sky moving Woolwich v Leicester last season about 3 weeks before, and I was surprised this game wasn't put on TV because of how much Sky could hype it up as a grudge match

Back
Top Bottom