New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Considering the increasing television money brought in over the past few years and our 'neutral'/negative spend on transfers, perhaps we are looking to avoid the financial constraints Woolwich had after moving into a new stadium.

By having some money in the pot, and openly whoring the naming rights around - it might be that we're looking to have the costs covered before we move in.
Would allow us to be somewhat more 'competitive' in the market and hit the ground running.

I realise that's me speculating that Levy will spend happily afterwards :levylol:

please tell me how you can tell that from thousands of miles away hahaha
Because if we could the new stadium would be of much bigger capacity that what has been currently designed, twink boy. Not to mention how packed WHL currently gets during EL games and COC... In fact - the current capacity has been reduced from the initial sketch plans presented 3-4 years ago.

Do you think our new capacity is thumb-sucked off your favourite Twitter and not established from conclusions and research following years of feasibility studies, customer behavioural assessments, surveys, and market analysis.

But not the only option...like I said, put pride before convenience.

Do you really want a ground share with them. Id honestly rather use The Emirates, and adopt a kind of invasion/taking over attitude, and piss them off at least.

Feels like begging with the OS....imagine that smug fucker Brady frigging wildly at the thought of how she can make Levy dance like a puppet for her the whole time we are there...fuck that.
Im not sure it would work like that mate. west ham have a lease, but not complete control. i dont know for sure, but I thought they dont get any stadium revenue outside of their home games with all the concerts, egg chasing cup, t-20 cricket, running and jumping revenue etc going to the LLDC.
It would be amusing to fill it every week we are there with it being half empty every week they are there, but it wouldnt be my choice either.

Because if we could the new stadium would be of much bigger capacity that what has been currently designed, twink boy. Not to mention how packed WHL currently gets during EL games and COC... In fact - the current capacity has been reduced from the initial sketch plans presented 3-4 years ago.

Do you think our new capacity is thumb-sucked off your favourite Twitter and not established from conclusions and research following years of feasibility studies, customer behavioural assessments, surveys, and market analysis.
have you not read anything ive been saying in this thread......

Cain Hoy have confirmed their interest in buying Tottenham Hotspur and now have until October 10 to make a firm offer or pull out.

As exclusively revealed by Telegraph Sport on Thursday evening, Cain Hoy, a private investment company, have made a preliminary approach regarding a Tottenham takeover on behalf of a group of United States businessmen.

Cain Hoy have now released a statement confirming their interest and the timeframe in which they must make a firm bid.

Tottenham owner Joe Lewis is believed to value the club at just under £1billion and it remains to be seen whether Cain Hoy can negotiate a price with chairman Daniel Levy.

A Cain Hoy statement said: “Cain Hoy Enterprises, LLC ("Cain Hoy") notes the recent speculation in relation to a potential approach to Tottenham Hotspur Limited ("Tottenham Hotspur").

“Cain Hoy confirms that it is at the preliminary stages of assessing a cash offer for Tottenham Hotspur. Cain Hoy's considerations are at an early stage, and there can be no certainty that any offer will ultimately be made or at what price any offer might be made.

“In accordance with Rule 2.6(a) of the City Code on Takeovers and Mergers (the "Code"), Cain Hoy must, by not later than 5.00 p.m. on 10 October 2014, either announce a firm intention to make an offer for Tottenham Hotspur in accordance with Rule 2.7 of the Code or announce that it does not intend to make an offer, in which case the announcement will be treated as a statement to which Rule 2.8 of the Code applies. This deadline will only be extended with the consent of the Takeover Panel (the "Panel") in accordance with Rule 2.6(c) of the Code.

“This announcement has been made without the consent of Tottenham Hotspur. A further announcement will be made in due course.”

Cain Hoy’s interest is being led by its London-born and based head of European investment, Jonathan Goldstein, and American entrepreneur and private equity investor Henry Silverman.

Both 48-year-old Goldstein and 74-year-old Silverman are ex-employees of Guggenheim Partners. In his former role as vice chairman of asset management at Guggenheim, Silverman helped to appoint Goldstein as head of real estate and direct investment in Europe in January.

Cain Hoy Enterprises was formed with the support of – and a minority, non-controlling investment from – Guggenheim. But Guggenheim are not behind the approach to buy Tottenham and both Goldstein and Silverman are understood to have left the company.

Tottenham Hotspur takeover: Cain Hoy confirm interest in buying Spurs - Telegraph

Sounds like an even tighter bunch than Levy and co.

There goes that mythical striker we've been hoping for. . .

:vert:

Cain Hoy have confirmed their interest in buying Tottenham Hotspur and now have until October 10 to make a firm offer or pull out.

As exclusively revealed by Telegraph Sport on Thursday evening, Cain Hoy, a private investment company, have made a preliminary approach regarding a Tottenham takeover on behalf of a group of United States businessmen.

Cain Hoy have now released a statement confirming their interest and the timeframe in which they must make a firm bid.

Tottenham owner Joe Lewis is believed to value the club at just under £1billion and it remains to be seen whether Cain Hoy can negotiate a price with chairman Daniel Levy.

A Cain Hoy statement said: “Cain Hoy Enterprises, LLC ("Cain Hoy") notes the recent speculation in relation to a potential approach to Tottenham Hotspur Limited ("Tottenham Hotspur").

“Cain Hoy confirms that it is at the preliminary stages of assessing a cash offer for Tottenham Hotspur. Cain Hoy's considerations are at an early stage, and there can be no certainty that any offer will ultimately be made or at what price any offer might be made.

“In accordance with Rule 2.6(a) of the City Code on Takeovers and Mergers (the "Code"), Cain Hoy must, by not later than 5.00 p.m. on 10 October 2014, either announce a firm intention to make an offer for Tottenham Hotspur in accordance with Rule 2.7 of the Code or announce that it does not intend to make an offer, in which case the announcement will be treated as a statement to which Rule 2.8 of the Code applies. This deadline will only be extended with the consent of the Takeover Panel (the "Panel") in accordance with Rule 2.6(c) of the Code.

“This announcement has been made without the consent of Tottenham Hotspur. A further announcement will be made in due course.”

Cain Hoy’s interest is being led by its London-born and based head of European investment, Jonathan Goldstein, and American entrepreneur and private equity investor Henry Silverman.

Both 48-year-old Goldstein and 74-year-old Silverman are ex-employees of Guggenheim Partners. In his former role as vice chairman of asset management at Guggenheim, Silverman helped to appoint Goldstein as head of real estate and direct investment in Europe in January.

Cain Hoy Enterprises was formed with the support of – and a minority, non-controlling investment from – Guggenheim. But Guggenheim are not behind the approach to buy Tottenham and both Goldstein and Silverman are understood to have left the company.

Tottenham Hotspur takeover: Cain Hoy confirm interest in buying Spurs - Telegraph
I get the feeling that this is a giant PR exercise for this company, given they only launched 16hrs ago, what better way to grab the headlines of launching your company buy considering making an approach.

I get the feeling that this is a giant PR exercise for this company, given they only launched 16hrs ago, what better way to grab the headlines of launching your company buy considering making an approach.
Exactly - probably offer 50p in the end

Goldstein you say.... so let me get this straight. A Middle aged jewish guy and his rich friend in his 70's ....

Sounds familiar :gallashmm:

Lewis-Levy_PA_3035757b.jpg

Go and make them an offer they cannot refuse!

That was my first thought also, but then I found out that the affiliated (explicitly not mother company) Guggenheim capital/partners bought the L.A. Dodgers baseball team for USD 2,3 Billion - perhaps they are crazy ?

That was my first thought also, but then I found out that the affiliated (explicitly not mother company) Guggenheim capital/partners bought the L.A. Dodgers baseball team for USD 2,3 Billion - perhaps they are crazy ?
Did they buy with their own money or was it a leveraged borrowed funds purchase

If levy and Lewis agree to a leveraged buy out for their own personal enrichment. Then they should burn in hell.

Last edited:
Guggenheim;

Their very first business was a horse stables called Cain Hoy Stables.
Cain Hoy refers to Cainhoy Plantation near Charleston, SC that is owned by the Guggenheim family.

the Guggenheim family were married to the Rothschild family (who are advisers of the stadium build.)

Guggenheim;

Their very first business was a horse stables called Cain Hoy Stables.
Cain Hoy refers to Cainhoy Plantation near Charleston, SC that is owned by the Guggenheim family.

the Guggenheim family were married to the Rothschild family (who are advisers of the stadium build.)
Are you trying to make this into some sort of conspiracy? You do know the Rothschild family is fucking huge and they own like.. everything, right? Some people even think they basically run the world.

Rothschild family - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Back
Top Bottom