New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm sure it'll look lovely but I couldn't help seeing a bedpan in that photo.

Just a bit of fun so no need to get your knickers in a twist

Last edited:
TOTTENHAMHOTSPUR_AERIAL_VIEW_DAY_Credit_Populous.jpg

latest

Amazing day!

Timeline

We have made significant progress on site to prepare the land needed for the new Stadium and we have now commenced construction of the basement level.

Our timetable moving forward is as follows:

• Summer 2015 – Basement works commence and consultation on the improved Northumberland Development Project proposals begins.
  • Autumn 2015 – submission of a new planning application to Haringey Council.
  • Late 2015 – planning application considered by Haringey Council’s planning committee and by the Greater London Authority.
  • Spring 2016 – Subject to the completion of planning permission, work begins on the revised scheme.
  • 2017/18 Season – the Club plays away for one season to enable a faster construction of the new Stadium.
  • August 2018 – new Stadium complete and open in time for the 2018/19 season.

When complete the Northumberland Development Project will transform the impact of the Club in Tottenham. We will go from supporting 1,800 jobs to supporting 3,500 and from generating £120 million of annual spend into the local economy to over £293 million.

:levylol:

When complete the Northumberland Development Project will transform the impact of the Club in Tottenham. We will go from supporting 1,800 jobs to supporting 3,500 and from generating £120 million of annual spend into the local economy to over £293 million.

:levylol:

But what about the loss of the jobs and commerce from Archway???!!!

Whew, just two games. No permanent franchise. I can deal with that.

Anyways, those two games are a major, major, major, major boon to selling the naming rights for the stadium.

Well done Levy.

Not much to grumble about... All it needs now is safe-standing in that 17,000 end and it will be as perfect as you can get in the current financial climate.

it's a minimum of two games per year - I would say that leaves the option open for a permanent franchise
I still think the roadblocks are too much for a permanent franchise, any time soon at least.

But again, with this new deal Levy is going to be big-dogging it in the negotiations. He might even whip it out and lay his junk on the table, just to prove his point.

Back
Top Bottom