New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm sure they've just fenced off Paxton to hide the fact that levy is definitely not building a stadium there.

He's just building a big money pit

17kdjxvdqvygyjpg.jpg

you clearly misunderstand this internet malarkey.

pics and links or it didnt happen
You have to understand I'm an old Cunt and just posting a reply exhausts my knowledge of all things Techie. Asking me to provide a link is like asking wilshire to not be a Dick, it's never going to happen.
It's beyond me. Sorry.
:harrysmile:

Hi All. My first time scribbling on here. Been reading all your posts for the past few months. Very entertaining and informative. This new stadium can't happen soon enough for me. While I adore WHL, I'm keen to see us take that next step in our progression and to see our club back where it belongs, winning silverware regularly and spanking Woolwich wanderers even more regularly!!

Me too, but some of the questions I found a little odd though in the way they were phrased;

"Playing our home games outside of Tottenham for one season will be exciting" - Exciting?

"I will not attend any games during the season outside of Tottenham even if the stadium is accessible to me " - Apparently away games don't count?

Just done it. Most of the questions seemed to be trying to gauge what I've asked a few times:

Joking aside a lot of people would benefit, a lot of people would be hindered.

What I'd love to know (think I've said it before) is actually how many people (of the match-going lot) fall into each group. I've honestly no idea to the answer, would be interesting to see if the Trust can poke around to see? If a high proportion of fans would find it significantly harder/more expensive to get to MK than to Wembley then it's something genuine and tangible. If, in reality, the majority of match day fans would find MK no harder, then it's not going to have much sway in the argument (to a board member).

If the only argument against MK is that it makes us look hypocritical against Woolwich then we won't get very far. Even if the board sympathise with that view, it's not a very attractive business case. In other words, it may tip the balance if it's 50-50 between MK and Wembley but if MK is the better option in other ways then it's going to mean nothing.

7Hx0hIB.png

Anybody else get one of these yet?

Yes I have and I've just completed it.

At last, they are starting some engagement with fans on the one season away and I think the THST deserve some credit for this as well. I know they have been pushing for such a consultation exercise to be undertaken for a very long time.

Last edited:
Yes I have and I've just completed it.

At last, they are starting some engagement with fans on the one season away and I think the THST deserve some credit for this as well, as I know they have been pushing for such a survey to be undertaken for a long time.
I think the ST being generally reasonable people who could hold a conversation helped too. They haven't been standing across the table shouting "spend some fucking money on a striker and halve my ticket prices you twunts!" unlike the dialogue seen across social media.

It made the fans a lot more relatable to the board.

Latest positive update:

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/ndp-update-basement-application-230615/

The Club is pleased to announce that following a meeting of the London Borough of the Haringey Planning Sub-Committee on June 22, our application to incorporate a basement on the new stadium site has been approved.

This permission will allow us to move the already consented car parking into the basement level, alongside plant and storage, in order to allow us to free up space at the ground floor level to be allocated to other operational requirements including enhanced media facilities and extended player changing areas.

With works now progressing on the stadium site, the Club is continuing to refine the detailed design of the stadium, which was originally produced in 2008, to ensure it is optimised and that it meets the latest technical requirements and improvements in stadia design.

Chairman, Daniel Levy, said: “We are delighted that this application has been approved and are grateful for the continued support of the Council for this landmark project.

“We shall, in the coming weeks, be providing further information on these updated elements with the intention of carrying out a period of consultation during the summer and submitting planning applications later in the year. As we have stated previously, these updates will be running in parallel with the works continuing on the ground.”

Back
Top Bottom