New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think it’s because there were no pre poured pints, they were pouring each one to order. I’m sure normally they loads ready give straight out, might be the reason for the queues?
Pre-poured? Never seen that in the South Tap Inns and it’s by far the most obvious thing to do to speed things up. I can only imagine it’s a directive, to make sure all pints are “fresh”.
Beavertown in Market Place is ok though.

Pre-poured? Never seen that in the South and it’s by far the most obvious thing to do to speed things up. I can only imagine it’s a directive, to make sure all pints are “fresh”.
That was doing it at the goal line bar last season, didn't go there yesterday

Pre-poured? Never seen that in the South Tap Inns and it’s by far the most obvious thing to do to speed things up. I can only imagine it’s a directive, to make sure all pints are “fresh”.
Beavertown in Market Place is ok though.

There's a bit of balance / common sense needed as loads of times last season they'd pre-poured too early and people took beers back as they'd gone flat

The shelf bar was absolutely chaotic yesterday. Bar staff looked like never poured pints before.

Don’t wanna sound like a kill joy either as I do enjoy the festivities but the acoustic band playing shelf needs to be rotated to different areas as a lot of people from the south are walking to and hanging at the shelf which puts extra queues at the bar or don’t play them before and after the game.

Queued for 25 minutes for a drink at 13.30pm. Very poor.
Gave up trying to get a beer in the Shelf bar in the end. Used the Tap in bars instead.
Went in the The Ship next door to The Elbow room before the stadium opened.Never been in there before, what a little Gem that place is. Really nice garden area and a BBQ on the go. The beers even got served in proper glasses. Will be using that place in future.

Gave up trying to get a beer in the Shelf bar in the end. Used the Tap in bars instead.
Went in the The Ship next door to The Elbow room before the stadium opened.Never been in there before, what a little Gem that place is. Really nice garden area and a BBQ on the go. The beers even got served in proper glasses. Will be using that place in future.

I actually went to The Ship for the first time ever yesterday as well, after the game. Always like a pub with a horseshoe bar.

They just really need some sort of bar manager for each section of the market place bar - no one takes responsibility at the moment, if there's an issue they all just stare at the back wall.
Incentivise the manager and staff - doesn’t have to be a lot but a small target bonus will get the fuckers moving

Queued for 25 minutes for a drink at 13.30pm. Very poor.
It was frustrating all round yesterday. Couldn't get in C&H or Bricklayers, so like you went in the ground at 13:30. Queues were crazy with lots of areas only having cans.
I have no idea why they don't have loads of pints already puled.

On I bright note, managed to meet Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman after the game and had a quick chin wag. I had a fair few after the game watching the guitar guy, which was brilliant, so not sure what we talked about. :contethumb:

It was frustrating all round yesterday. Couldn't get in C&H or Bricklayers, so like you went in the ground at 13:30. Queues were crazy with lots of areas only having cans.
I have no idea why they don't have loads of pints already puled.

On I bright note, managed to meet Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman after the game and had a quick chin wag. I had a fair few after the game watching the guitar guy, which was brilliant, so not sure what we talked about. :contethumb:
Are they allowed to sell bottled/cans? Should definitely have mobile sellers churning them out

Hi all, a quick one as I'm visiting London in September and looking to score 2 tickets to the Leicester home game for me and a visiting friend.

I don't have a membership, can anyone let me know what the best way to go about nabbing a couple next to eachother is? Ta very much and COYS

Hi all, a quick one as I'm visiting London in September and looking to score 2 tickets to the Leicester home game for me and a visiting friend.

I don't have a membership, can anyone let me know what the best way to go about nabbing a couple next to eachother is? Ta very much and COYS
I've never tried to get tickets for anyone who isn't a member at least. Others may be better placed to let you know but I think they very rarely go to guest sale?

At least get yourself a couple of Free CRN (membership) numbers, there is a link somewhere. Then, at least you have an easy way to transfer tickets, if a pair come available on here or somewhere else.

Failing that, cough up for One Hotspur membership and join the bun fight when the tickets release. You can then also monitor the site for tickets put up on exchange by members.

Ramped all the prices up and the bars in our area don’t even have any fucking lager.

Farce
I half jokingly said to the lad filling my pint glass that I hoped they’d fixed the leaking problem. They haven’t. Beer was dripping out of the bottom. At least half of our group’s glasses did the same. FFS.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom