New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have a feeling levy has dropped a bollock with the naming rights , should have done it before the season started, at this rate with likely no European football next season our pedigree is less ?
The exposure of the Tottenham Hotspur 'brand' was massive in the US I believe with the NFL games constantly mentioning the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

Makes you wonder if eventually football will take a back seat to the NFL

It won't affect the club in any way shape or form. When Spurs aren't using the stadium it is literally sitting here doing nothing. I couldn't care less if the place has more cirque du soleil going on there during a calendar year than football, Spurs will always be playing there when there's a game to be had.

I genuinely don't see the reason why anyone would have an issue with us making use of the stadium for as many things as possible, I don't see any issue on us doing so at all if it helps to generate more funds than it being idle 13 out of 14 days all year.

It won't affect the club in any way shape or form. When Spurs aren't using the stadium it is literally sitting here doing nothing. I couldn't care less if the place has more cirque du soleil going on there during a calendar year than football, Spurs will always be playing there when there's a game to be had.

I genuinely don't see the reason why anyone would have an issue with us making use of the stadium for as many things as possible, I don't see any issue on us doing so at all if it helps to generate more funds than it being idle 13 out of 14 days all year.
It is the only way to compete financially with carbon clubs and kleptomaniacs.

Are you one of these “We’re not English, we’re Scouse” or is that just the idiots the other side of Stanley Park?

They are bunch of absolute beauts, who honestly think they are a unique set of fans.

This whole Scouse or English thing is particularly funny, as increasing numbers of their home games are populated by middle class tourists from Scandinavia and Asia.

Everton home games are still largely local, working class folk in attendance.

No problem with them using it , but spurs new stadium is there for Enic to make money, and when NFL brings in more money then football what is the point in Enic investing in the football team, as no matter how much they invest they will
End up making more money from the NFL regardless? if you said to me all this money will get reinvested I’m the squad then happy days, but I just don’t see it, they will be happy for us to just stay in the PL and have a share of the TV money, anything else is a bonus

I don't understand that logic myself. Enic's goal is to make profit, why would they drop a revenue stream because it makes less than another when they can have both?

They had run out. Which is not acceptable in my opinion.

So they do have vegetarian options they just ran out? Not great I agree but the club have constantly had issues with stock across many levels since it opened. Definitely a fair old amount of teething problems and I'm still surprised it didn't have enough options to get amongst them.

Whilst we are on the subject I wonder how the beer issues have been recently and if they've found a decent solution to the logistics of it all.

Back
Top Bottom